Booked with Travel Zoo for a bargain 5*ultra all inclusive.
As mentioned in previous reviews the service by the staff is brilliant. They really do make you feel welcome and are very pleasant and friendly. From the moment you arrive until you leave they are great. The room we had was in Block 4 on the ground floor. A lovely terrace and garden with chairs, table and a sun lounger. Nice if you like to have some privacy.
A good sized room with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Nice modern bathroom with a hairdryer and all the toiletries needed for your stay supplied daily. Very clean and the maids were very friendly too. They will visit any time of day, just leave your card outside the door and they come and make up your room. There was a fridge in the room which had orange juice, wine and lager. This was filled up if you requested. Now if you are a wine drinker that is fine, you could have a bottle or two a day if that is what you like. We do not drink wine, so we asked the man who came around not to leave us any wine but lager instead. We had 1 small can of lager between us left. Having stayed in 4* hotels in Dominican we were surprised at the 'mini bar'. A mini bar in the Dominican contained 4 optics with spirits, and a fridge which was filled with cold beer and ice daily without having to ring reception.We are always good tippers, even all inclusive.
We went down to the beach most days as it was lovely and quiet with good loungers and a lovely cooling breeze as it was very hot when we were there. Plenty of water activities too. Pedelos, boat hire, jet skies etc. Lovely clean beach too. The small bar by the beach was a pleasure to sit and talk to people. The young lady and man who were serving were very friendly and they would even come down to the beach and bring down drinks to people. If you just wanted a small snack, like a sandwich, they were available behind the beach bar; all part of the all inclusive service! The main resturant served a nice choice of meals, plenty of choice for most people.
We tried the Italian a la carte, lovely meal and service. We didnt book the Asian or Greek resturant because of the system they had in place regarding booking. Other reviews have already covered this.
The bad points of the holiday are the flies! We never saw any in the main restuarant but we heard a lot of people commenting on the Greek taverna. We decided against eating there because of this. We didnt like the thought of eating food that has been infested with flies.
Our room was the same, if fact my husband killed so many with a newspaper that on the third day he counted the ones he killed! 26 inside the room, not to mention the ones on the terrace. This is the difference between a 'bargain' ultra all inclusive and a 4-5* all inclusive.
We did go for a walk one day to see what was outside of the hotel. If you walk outside of the hotel towards the beach and turn left you will come to the village. It is about a 10 minute walk. It is very run down with nothing much to see and do.
All we can say is, if you like to just sunbathe, eat and drink for 19 hours per day, this is the place to go.
If you like to have good entertainment, sightseeing, and to get about then look elsewhere.
After all, it may sound cheap but we had two weeks all inclusive for 14 nights in Dominican for £849. And that included our wedding!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Halkidiki, Greece