6 off us,3 couples,We went to Oceania Club Resort All Inclusive bases, in early April so were not expecting high temp.Nevertheless daytime temps were quite acceptable.
The Resort is quite nice and breathtaking as you arrive in the lobby.Counter staff are pretty efficient,Quick check in procedure was painless and included a welcome cocktail and a quick chat on the resort and services available.
Although we had booked seaview room,we were in Block 3,we could see the sea from our balcony but we had Block 4 in front of us so it was obstructing the full sea view, this in my opinion is not my understanding of seaview.
There are 2 pool areas which were pretty full most of the day when the weather was good,and i think if it were full this time of the year what would it be like in the peak season.There is also an indoor pool with some deck chairs around it.
Rooms were kept pretty clean no complaint whatso ever.
Restaurants.There were 3 Restaurants but one had to book 3 days in advance but we could not eat there because we were only there for 3 nights.So i can not comment on this.
Bar.There was a Bar at the Poolside and a small coffee come snack place at the poolside.Main lobby Bar was big and adequate and the Bar staff were very friendly and efficient,The cocktails were ok beer and other local drinks only no branded stuff,,as All Inclusive goes.
There is a beach,at the bottom of the Resort.The resort is on a hill .There were few beds on the beach,but as the weather was not that good no one was around on the beach,I expect in peak season this area would have more people.One could go for a walk to New Moudania town 15-20 mins by the seaside.The town is ok quite and run down.Plenty of dogs roaming around.
Food at the main buffet restaurant was good enough as we stayed only for 3 nights but i suspect it could get it bit repeatative if we had stayed any longer.Breakfast was very good,Staff at this restaurant were good,not enough of them so they were working very hard,but nevertheless were pretty good and polite.
Entertainly was ok.In the evening the main bar gets full very quickly,they could do with more seating at the main Bar area,however there is another bar and seating area as well,but entertainment is only at the main.
Transport to and from the airport was provided by Meli Tours.Full marks for them.Excellent service.On arrival at the airport, they were waiting for us and one day before departure they sent us a leaflet through our door informing us the time of pick up.The driver was very friendly and proffessional,big 7 seater Black Merc.and the 35 mins drive was very comfortable.Thank you MELI TOURS.Keep it up.
All in all quite a good 3 nighter stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the crystal blue Aegean, the luxurious Ikos Oceania is located 30 minutes from Thessaloniki International Airport.The highlight of this stunning setting is the 350m long natural sandy beach, fringed by pines, olive groves and cypress trees. Dispersed amongst the 15 acres of well-groomed gardens, the spacious, elegant guest rooms and suites offer panoramic sea views with Mount Olympus in the background. As of 2015, Oceania will feature four a la carte restaurants along with the Flavors international buffet restaurant. Guest will find six superb bars indoors or in the lavish gardens. The Infinite Lifestyle Dine-Out program offers guests the opportunity to enjoy the authentic menus offered by local restaurants in the nearby picturesque town of Nea Moudania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ikos Oceania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Club Hotel Nea Moudania
- Oceania Hotel Kassandra
- Oceania Club Halkidiki
- Oceania Greece
- Oceania Club Greece
- Oceania Resort Greece
- Ikos Oceania Halkidiki, Greece