“A great choice for holidays!”
Review of Ikos Oceania

Ikos Oceania
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nea Moudania
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Loved it!! It's a beautiful area, beautiful hotel, excellent facilities and delicious dishes and cocktails! We had a great holiday here and are definitely booking our next visit once we get a chance to. We didn't get much chance to visit around as we stayed mostly by the hotel's beautiful beach and pool but overall it was a great holiday!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank RonyFa
Write a ReviewReviews (3,118)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have just come back from a great week at the Oceania, my first visit to Greece since the 1980s. Now I remember why I loved Greece so much in my youth! The all-inclusive aspect is something new compared to back then but the lovely Greek hospitality remains as wonderful as ever and I really don't think you could find a hotel with better staff than the Oceania. We were in building 2 and had a lovely junior suite with a large balcony and sea view. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was really comfortable. It was great to have a fridge stocked daily with water, fruit juice, beer and wine and the coffee and tea making facilities were much appreciated - we enjoyed our brew first thing on the balcony each morning!
We were lucky enough to get to do all the a-la-carte restaurants during our week and thoroughly enjoyed every one of them, including on our first night the taverna in the town. What excellent service to be driven there door-to-door, have a great authentic Greek meal including wine and then to be picked up and driven back when we were ready - all included! We also enjoyed the meals in the main buffet, there was something for everyone and given the numbers being catered for I thought the standards and the service were excellent. If you love great bread (dull though that may sound to some!) then this is the place to be - there were various types at each meal and it was lovely and fresh - I'm getting withdrawal symptoms just thinking about it!
Whilst we were there the weather was a bit up and down, mostly overcast and rainy but the lounges were so lovely it really didn't spoil our holiday - we just read and relaxed in the pleasant atmosphere of the Blue Bar and enjoyed a few Bailey's Frappe drinks - these are particularly good when made by the staff at the Almyra beach bar! The only small criticism we have of the whole holiday was that despite their claim to have premium spirits they were mostly local drinks - though you can get Gordon's gin, Absolute vodka, Bell's whisky and Bacardi rum in some bars but make sure you request these by name - the 'Baileys' wasn't actually Baileys but was still good in a frappe drink - the liqueurs were all local so you can't get drinks like Cointreau or Grand Marnier or anything like that but this is only a small point and certainly not anything to be put off by. We highly recommend the sandwiches at the Almyra beach bar, you can take then on the beach if the seating area at the bar is full and on the couple of afternoons we had sunshine it was wonderful to relax on the comfortable sun loungers on the beach with lunch and a drink. I would definitely return to the Oceania for a relaxing and indulgent holiday offering great service and a wonderful location.

Room Tip: You can upgrade to Building 5 which has its own pool and bar and we were told this was excellent. We...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a great relaxing holiday. Hotel service is excellent, efficiently dealing with all requests and kind in approach. The area is beautiful, beach is clean and infinity pool is truly the best place to be. Rooms are elegant and comfortable and the general atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxing and enjoyable. Definitely recommend this hotel, great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Koft92
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Hello all, read this through a very unbiased view but it is this good, this hotel is what I call nearly faultless and in my opinion is a master class of how staff should treat there guests! If you could bottle what timos (hotel manager) has done with all his staff you would never have a problem at any hotel!
This is my third time here and it seems to get better with time , this time there was 28 off us yes 28 off us for my 40 th and my dads 70 th ages ranged from four months up to and over 70 yrs of age.
booking this via emails with the hotel was obviously stressful due to the amount off people to organise but I must admit they answered every question I had in a quick efficient manner and did not let us down, from the minute we got off the plane we was met straight away by our driver who took us straight to the coach giving us free water from the Oceania (nice touch) plus played a video for the children.
By the time we arrived it was 11pm we was meet by Maria who is now front reception manager and in our opinion is a lovely lady she took us to the Helios hall for champagne or orange juice and to sort out the rooms.
It was too late for dinner but in all our fridges we had cold buffets which was another nice touch.
Everyone that came on this trip were complementing the staff at how good and friendly they were and really took an interest in what you were saying.
We spent most days down at the beach which was very good for the young kids that were with us they had a great time on pedalos and kayaks etc. the beach bar staff were great our biggest order of twenty pimms and lemonade (all inc) still made them smile! They loved a chat when not busy and were very attentive, they also done some food here which was very nice.
We was around the pool for a couple off days and the staff here were also great never moaned about our drinks order and enjoyed the banter we had.
By the pool is the Greek taverna which also done hot and cold food if you didn't want to go to the main buffet inside which was also very nice.
The main pool is freezing at this time off year really cold but we all managed to get in at some point the kids more than the adults ! The kids can use the inside pool until 1 pm which was nice, there was also a gym inside squash courts sauna, steam room, showers and massage rooms.
There are also tennis courts at the front off the hotel as you come in !
You can also hire boules out at the beach bar just give them your room key ! Which again kept us entertained one afternoon.
The food here we all enjoyed and there was enough to keep everyone happy along with the al a carte which was great we all had the Italian and not one complaint just praise! nice to see liviu still there but now a manager we'll done , you deserve it allways so happy !
There seemed more going on in the hotel this April compared to previous stays which was nice, Alex in the bar and the nightclub deserves a mention as he loved a laugh and really enjoyed serving and chatting to all the guests, the nightclub opened at 11pm maybe 10 would be better but to be fair they did open it early one night for us on request u can't beat that.
The only downsides I can see for this hotel is local places to visit but they do trips out.
There is a local market in town every Wednesday and they do now have a restaurant in town for the hotel which is included .
But people that moan about this hotel seriously when I go on holiday the way the staff treat you are a big part and anyone that faults them can not be treating them with the same respect !
I chatted to timos (manager)a few times and allways saw him around how many hotels do you see that ! If you want fantastic service from a family friendly hotel then this is it .
I don't know why I'm telling you all this as I don't want it fully booked when I go back !
Once again keep up the good work and improvements from the Hoad family.
Ps thank you for all your hard work and a great time !!

3  Thank torridsteve
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We've just returned from a week at the Oceania resort and thought I'd post a quick review.

We stayed in a couple of the deluxe suites in block 5. The rooms were excellent - good size and comfortable. We could use the block 5 pool, thankfully, as even out of season the main pool area looked very busy. We tried three of the restaurants you need to book for; they were all good. We didn't try the Italien one.

Good points:
Nice rooms (deluxe suite) with balcony overlooking the sea, aircon and a decent bed
Block 5 pool was fantastic - Eva and George were round every half hour or so bringing drinks
Speciality restaurants were good - loved the Greek one by the pool with Daffy - we had breakfast there most mornings
Spa wasn't too busy so relatively easy to make appointments
Club cars were brilliant for getting around as my wife couldn't walk at the time!

Bad Points
For a five star hotel you really need more than two towels in the bathroom. If you showered after a day at the pool you would have to re-use the same towel in the morning
Amenities in the bathrooms weren't very good either. We got one bar of soap for the whole week, and there was no conditioner at all
The bars were pretty poor. The pool bars closed at 1800 (why?) which left only the blue bar and, from 2030, the other adult bar. These were in hotel reception, with pale blue sofas and chairs. There was no atmosphere at all. It really needs a decent bar, or to let the pool bars stay open later.
The food in the main dining room was really poor. I appreciate that all-inclusive resorts tend to have canteen type food but I've stayed in many places with better food than this. Why no pita bread? Why no better greek dishes? There was grilled fish, grilled chicken, some stir-fried dish and some other meat dish. Really not up to scratch. Desserts were better though.
The pools were ffffff-freezing! Are they chilled??

In summary, would we go again? Probably not. The block 5 pool area was fantastic, the staff were brilliant but the lack of decent bar and poor food (to say nothing of the freezing pool) would make me look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room if you can in block 5. It's worth it for the pool.
2  Thank rosbif
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just got back from the Oceania and have to say the staff were among the best and most friendly I have ever encountered. Especially Tanya on the front desk who arranged an upgrade for us as it was our anniversary. The weather was changeable with it being April, but the pool area and beach cannot be faulted. The food was also excellent. All in all a great holiday and we would return :o)

Room Tip: Get block 5 if you can
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SteveUk2012
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I very rarely get around to leaving reviews for hotels we stay at, but feel called upon to comment on the Oceania, as our week there was practically faultless. I booked an all-inclusive holiday with an element of trepidation, but in the hope that I would be able simply to relax, eat, drink, read and not have to plan anything, decide on restaurants or even carry money. This place absolutely met the brief!

Pretty much the only downside of the holiday was that there was no option to get there but a hideously early flight to Thessaloniki. However, the Easyjet flight was fine, the driver for our private transfer was excellent and on arrival there was a slick system in place to greet us and check us in, whisk our luggage off, and we went straight in to lunch, so it's actually the perfect time to arrive.

We were there just after the hotel opened for the season in early April. I was staying with my two late-teen sons, and had booked a deluxe suite in Block 5, (separate bedroom) which the hotel had set up exactly as I requested. It was perfectly spacious for the three of us. Housekeeping is excellent, beds very comfortable, fabulous view from both rooms and the double balcony out to sea over the immaculately-kept gardens. Frankly, it couldn't have been better.

Many people have raved at length about this place, and with good reason: although the hotel is physically very lovely and the facilities very good indeed, in the end what really makes a place is the staff. And what ensures good staff and service is the training they have received and the management that underpins it. That's what is going on here - seriously high end management that would not disgrace a far more expensive and exclusive hotel. What a terrific find.

I had one minor irritation in connection with one of our suitcases, but it was dealt with so charmingly by the front of house manager Maria, that it really didn't mar the experience. In fact, that sort of thing is a good measure of customer service: that if anything does go a little bit wrong it is dealt with in such a way that the customer ends up happier afterwards than if the blip had not occurred. And I'm happy to say that was the case here. So top marks for that.

There were so many members of staff who went towards making it a good stay that I'm afraid I can't now remember all their names. But Eva in the private pool bar is a real asset - looking after everyone, whilst making each person feel they are the only person who matters to her; remembering everyone's drinks preferences; sailing round, tray aloft, delivering drinks with style and charm. Liviu does an equally terrific job in the main restaurant. The chef, Thomas, oversees a large kitchen brigade and produces tremendous food. And even offered to adapt dishes as necessary as I am gluten-free, which proved to be quite unnecessary, as there was a huge choice at every meal, and I always found plenty to suit my diet. The delightful (Albanian?) woman making breakfast omelettes rapidly remembered my preference and handed it over to me every day with a smile.

I had very good massages in the spa, courtesy of Vasiliki. The gym was full of well-maintained equipment. We enjoyed using the squash courts. Everywhere was scrupulously clean. The barmen mixed excellent cocktails. I haven't got a single bad thing to say about the place.

I am realistic enough to understand that this is not necessarily what all-inclusive resorts are always like. So I'm going to save myself the trouble of trying others and being disappointed. Next time I want to do this kind of holiday, I am simply going to book here again. I just hope that they won't get so busy they don't have room for us next time!

Room Tip: Deluxe suite with a separate bedroom and sitting room in Block 5 was great.
3  Thank Mamanbert
#1 of 6 in Nea Kallikratia
Potidea Palace Hotel
Potidea Palace Hotel
#2 of 4 in Nea Potidea

Been to Ikos Oceania? Share your experiences!