“Nice to be back again!”
Review of Ikos Oceania

Ikos Oceania
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Nea Moudania
Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was great to return again this year at the end of April. The familiar faces from reception to the restaurants was re-assuring that we would get the same great quality of service we always receive. There was a mix up in our room, but Maria on reception, sorted this out quickly and efficiently. The addition of an extra a la carte option with the restaurant in the town is great - a superb set menu allowing you to sample different Greek cuisine, with a member of the hotel team there to support you throughout.
Our son was old enough for the kids club this year, which was well catered for, including soft play, arts and crafts room, and giant lego room.
The a la carte restaurant booking system is now improved with a dedicated desk at reception to take your bookings.
The bar team of Eva and George, with a dedicated chef in the deluxe wing is much improved with a new menu, offering much more variety.
We will definitely be back again, as the team told us as of May, they are developing the room service options. Not that we ever needed it, as the food options are great.

Look forward to our return

Room Tip: Try to book the Deluxe rooms - they are worth the extra money, and you get use of the private pool a...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise W
There are newer reviews for Ikos Oceania

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I met and married in one year, so to celebrate our Silver Anniversary year we booked several holidays. We are Florida stalwarts and rarely venture elsewhere abroad. We are fussy, very fussy. I saw a BA sale and said let's add a beach holiday! I did my research and could find nothing wrong....I found that unnerving. However I can confirm, and I am typing by the private pool in the deluxe building 5 section, it is everything people say it is. Clean! Food nice and plenty of it with several al a carte options for free. TIP; don't leave booking them too late. Beach looked clean with plenty of loungers but we stayed in the private area as we found this quiet and the staff very attentive. Plus a sign mentioned sea urchins which sent hubbie into a meltdown! We upgraded to a deluxe junior suite in building 5. For us this was our minimum standard but, even I have to say, the cleanliness, facilities and staff surprised me having never been to Greece or really the Med. The room came with vodka, wine, ouzo and a mini bar with beer, juice and soft drinks replenished every day; only the mini bar. A chap said to us we were easy to please as all we wanted was water, diet coke and beer for our fridge. Building 5 gives you access to your own private pool area, pool bar with servers. Highly recommend this upgrade. I am a regular spa and gym user (Champneys in uk) and the spa/gym facilities very good, I used every morning. Only downside as an adult without children was the inside pool at the spa, children allowed before 1pm. Today was cramped and I couldn't use it. No biggie. I had treatments which were as good as any I've had at spas in uk and well priced. Therapist very good. Surrounding areas so clean, maintained and gardens lovely. The deluxe junior suite had a nice touch if you were travelling with an older child as one made up bed was the other side of the bathroom. Near the door yes but once locked you were close enough for security but distant enough for privacy ( for both of you lol). The other put you up, which I guess they would make up, was right next to you so for smaller ones better. Balcony and views stunning. We are delighted with the choice, what we paid ( which was considerably less than Thomson etc...) and the break so far. We are even talking about booking for next year which is unheard of for us except for Florida. Plenty of bars, a cinema, entertainment, aqua fit etc....none of which we used but looked good and people looked happy.

Room Tip: Private taxi transfer. Upgrade to building 5 deluxe area. Book a la carte restaurants timely.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

hotel amazing, staff were all so helpful , everywhere was so clean,,we stayed in building 5 which has its own bar and pool,staff bringing drinks to you while you lazed on the sunbed, love the room ,spacious and clean with comfortable bed and great views over the Aegean ,also the free mini bar is stocked with lots of soft drinks and wine ,beer and a bottle of absolut vodka and ouzo, what more does anyone want, also I believe they are starting very soon 24 hr room service.
food was varied in the thallassa main restaurant with lots of themed nights ,the alacartes were also very good .Its certainly a very well run hotel and we had a very relaxing time and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: building 5 for more privacy
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had been to Sani Beach Hotel Before and we thought we would try Oceania, their sister all inclusive resort, for a change. It is in not as picturesque a setting as Sani beach, BUT it has the same high standards as Sani. Everywhere is clean and kept tidy; all the staff just so fantastic, friendly and always helpful (in particular: the always smiling and efficient Tonia at the pool bar, Friendly and helpful Daffy at Greek restaurant, the super lovely Maria and Dimitra from Kids Club (our girls ADORED them), Petr from the Beach Bar, all the lovely reception staff, and friendly Timos the manager (all I can say is BISCUIT to you !!! NOT us OK ! ), Graham and the lady beginning with F who did the excellent body stretch classes, the spa staff); the pool is beautiful and almost 50m long in one part, lovely beach, and the rooms were spacious and kept clean. Lots to do for the kids - cinema, disco, games room, watersports, table tennis, fantastic kids club, tennis, list goes on...

Food was of a great standard given the numbers of people plus the a la carte restaurants were v good, gave some variation to the buffet fare.

Kids didn't want to leave...happy kids, happy parents...

Room Tip: Block D has views of sea without other blocks in the way.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We returned yesterday from a weeks stay at the Oceania Club. The first 4 nights I spent with my 3 year old daughter. As returning guests we were made so welcome by the hotel staff on arrival. We were greeted by Maria and Tania who helped to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We stayed in Building 3, a standard Sea View Room, which was immacluate and very spacious for the two of us. I noticed that this year coffee machines were now in the rooms and more of a selction in the mini bar, with regards to the soft drinks. There was a nice bottle of wine and beers also in the mini bar, which was very gladly received.
Myself and my daughter made the most of the mini club, painting pictures, drawing, enjoying the soft play area, the mini disco, and also the cartoon club. The staff at the mini club are very welcoming and approachable, which was good as a single parent travelling.
The food once again, I could not fault. An amazing selction in the Thalassa Buffet Restaurant and also at the Greek Taverna for Lunch. We attended 3 of the A La Carte Restaurants, the Asian, Greek and Italian. Snack down at the beach bar were also very well presented and tasty. The service by staff members was excellent and the food was very impressive.
On our 5th day 12 of my family and friends arrived for our last 3 nights and we were very well looked after. Myself, my daughter and two other members of my family had the luxury of staying for the remaining 3 nights in the presidential suite located just to the side of the main building. The suite was absolutely amazing, extremely spacious with two large bedrooms, two large bathrooms, a comfortable and well designed living and dining area and also a huge balcony overlooking the whole complex with breath taking sea views.
As a group we attended the night club for our last 3 nights and we loved DJ Harvey, the hotels residential DJ. No request was ignored and he was great fun!
On the final day we braved the watersports located down on hotel beach. We tried out what can only be described as a huge inflatable couch that was pulled along by a speedboat, which was at a surcharge of 15euros per person. We used the pedalos which were free of charge. There are also Jet Skis and other various activities.
The beach was perfect for my daughter, there is a large play pen, filled with toys and well shaded to keep the young ones entertained. There was a girl located down at the beach bar who was great with my daughter and played with her when she could. Unfortunately I didnt get her name but she had long brown hair and was very pleasant.
A huge thankyou to all the staff at the Oceania Club for making our stay comfortable, enjoyable and most importantly giving us special memories for life.
I am hoping to return before the year is out, if not we will definately be back next year. A great resort accommodation for all types of travellers.

Room Tip: Building 4 has the best rooms for a full sea view. Building 5 is your private block for upgraded roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KelseyLouise23
Reviewed 12 May 2014

another fantastic week at the oceania,.getting better all the time .,fast and efficient check in,then off to the room in golf buggy ,hotel trying new things all the time,mini bar now stocked with absolut vodka and ouzo as well as pepsi and bier and juices, wine and water.i also hear they are starting 24hour room service...hotel spotlessy clean everywhere, all staff were so friendly .,to mention some, timos leading from the front,{ sees everything } Dionisyis, maria front desk, the girls behind the reception desk.. ,eva George and vaggellis at the building 5 pool bar .thanks also to liviu the restaurant manager who was always so helpful and happy, he is great at his job so professional ,so good with all the guests, margarita at the Asian also alias and dora at the Italian,the entertainment team lead by a very talented fella ,rob ,We ate at all the restaurants except the one in town and had great meals in all of them.all in all a faultless stay in a fantastic hotel..

1  Thank marie w
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Recently returned from a stay at this hotel, what can I say that has not already been stated, very little. Weather was not too good but had so much fun conversing/drinking etc with fellow guests it did not matter. Dined out at all eateries, tremendous food at all times from very attentive and pleasant staff. Room (1318) was well appointed (block 1), spotlessly clean. Went for a taxi ride to Atifos, well worth a trip to see authentic Greek village. If the hotel could be moved to this location it would be simply incredible. The staff even arranged transport for a few of us to see football at a local tavern (hotel does not have Sky Sports). Nea Moudania has little to offer but a nice walk along the sea front. I could go on for ages but just visit yourself...you will be amazed. A big thank you to all I met on holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Nea Potidea
Sani Asterias
Sani Asterias
#3 of 6 in Sani

Been to Ikos Oceania? Share your experiences!