“Generosity and comfort in attractive surroundings”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramallah
Khouriya Family Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 13 Ramallah B&B and Inns
Northumberland
“Generosity and comfort in attractive surroundings”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a great stay with Rawda and Issa. It was Tim's second trip and Susannah's first and sadly too short this time. We were welcomed like family members and Issa cooked us a beautiful evening meal. Issa and Rawda generously took us to Ramallah and then to Taybeh, showing us fascinating historic buildings as well as the successful brewery in this beautifully situated hillside village. We could not have asked for more kindness. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TiminHexham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My fiancé and I recently stayed with Issa and Rawda and had a fantastic experience. We could only fit in one day, however the meal with the family was tasty/informative and they kindly arranged for Issa to take us on a tour of Nablus market, refugee camp and local area. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Njriordan
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My stay here was nearly a week. During my stay with Issa and Rawda. They told me how hard life is here. I feel myself at home. I like this beautiful Guesthouse. The village is also beautiful. People are so nice and I visit Refugee camp. Closest village from here is Ramallah, Al-Biren, Taybeh and Berzeit. Rawda makes delicious foods for you. Really a Recommended Place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Abraham A
Granville, Ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2012

During my stay with Rawda and Issa, I didn't feel that I was at guesthouse but home-stay. Khouriya family is well respected in Jifna, a beautiful village close to Ramallah, Al-Biren, Taybeh, and Berzeit. Everyone in the village knew Khouriya family and was willing to give me a free ride to their house when I got off the bus. In retrospect, I cannot thank you enough for their hospitality--the village was safe and picturesque, the bed was comfortable, the house was beautiful, Rawda and Issa's two children were friendly, breakfast was always good, and of course, Rawda and Issa were the best hosts whom I've ever met. They were always present at breakfast and dinner tables and sharing many stories of living in West Bank. They were not bitter about the Palestinian reality of Israeli occupation but was committed to political and social transformation. Their positive energy allowed me to ask them many questions about life in occupied Palestine. My co-guests from Europe were also friendly and we pleasantly talked a lot about political issues.
After having spent four days at a guesthouse in Bethlehem, I had to go back to Khouriya family house because I missed their hospitality so much. Issa was also available for tours in Taybeh, Ramallah, Jericho, and Dead Sea. Thanks to him, I could meet local people and visit YWCA in Jericho.
If you want to experience Arab hospitality, you should stay at this guesthouse--it's not a usual guesthouse but homestay with a friendly family. You can also play with their three cute puppies. Writing this review, I am smiling, remembering how wonderful my stay at Khouriya Family Guesthouse was. I already miss the family so much.

1 Thank Huito
Candelaria, Philippines
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Coming to Ramallah, Palestine and not knowing much about the country or the people, this was the best way to get plenty of information from those who live it. The family atmosphere is great and the food is wonderful. Accommodating doesn't adequately describe the Khouriya family. They have gone out of their way several times to ensure I had what I needed. They are happy to pick up and drop off travellers all over the place!

I'll be a returning customer!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SteveandMaribel
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I spent 3 days in this B&B. Very clean and quiet place, not too far from Ramalah (10 minutes in bus).
Issa and Rawda will explain you many things on palestinian life and can also organize some tours like refugiee camp. Very good experience. Also ask Rawda to cook the diner for you. It's delicious!!!

1 Thank richard d
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I would never have found this wonderful B&B...
If it weren't for the other Trip Advisor reviews!
Big thanks!

I agree with all the positive reviews about the Khouriya family.
I had a very special experience with plenty of insight into the daily challenges of life in Palestine.
The opportunity to attend a political demonstration & visit refugee camps were priceless.
Issa also treated me to the very best ice cream I've tasted (in the entire middle east) at "Baladna" in Ramallah.
Issa & Rawda were both warm, welcoming, generous & immensely helpful.

I highly recommend & would stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms are simply decorated & clean with electronic shutters to block the morning sunlight.