“The place to stay in Palestine”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramallah
Khouriya Family Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 13 Ramallah B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“The place to stay in Palestine”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

My wife and I stayed with the Khouriya family for 3 of the best days of our 2 1/2-week-long trip. Not only were the accommodations great, but the company the family provided was both welcoming and educational. They took us to areas of the West Bank we would never have got to on our own. We learned a lot from them and look forward to returning sometime in the future. We highly recommend the Khouriya house to anyone looking for a true Palestinian experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Staying w/ the Khouriya family allows a traveler the opportunity to spend time w/ a knowledgeable warm family who can offer you a wealth of services, advice and assistance in traveling and learning more about the history and current day life in Palestine. This family has the inside track on what to do, where to go and how to go - not to mention they can help you with all of these items. In addition to the support of this very professional family the meals are excellent and the lodging facilities are clean, roomy and well equipped. I really enjoyed my stay of 5 days, would come back and will treasury my memories of our conversations and cultural exchange.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelJackNW
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I have never stayed at a better guesthouse. It's that simple!!! The rooms, the food, the atmosphere of their home make the alternative accommodation in Ramallah in specific, and in the West Bank in general; almost look nasty...

The benefit of staying with Rawda and Issa is the insight they give about what it means to be a Palestinian living in the West Bank. While Rawda gives the facts and figures and the history, it's Issa that provides the window to the Palestinian soul if you listen carefully to his observations...

If you want to see the West Bank, these are the people to know. Nothing is beyond the reach of their network. Want to talk to a former freedom fighter who kept the peace process going on the shoulders of his inequity? They can arrange it. Want to talk to the family of a suicide bomber, well, they can arrange that too...

Everyone who travels knows that sometimes you will meet a person (in this case, a family) that will change your perspective, and hence you as a person. I am both honoured and humbled that Rawda and Issa were these people. Not only did I eat the best food and sleep in the cleanest bed but I learnt something as well. Priceless.

All of Palestine should weep were this guesthouse cease to exist...

And to Rawda and Issa, thank you thank you thank you...

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ethanisak
Giove, Italy
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We spent 3 days with Khouriya family and they have been wonderful to us. Theyr house is confortable and the food cooked by Rawda is excellent. We enjoyed tourist and educational trips with them.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ririlulu
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I could not recommend this place more highly.

The guesthouse itself is all you could hope for - clean and well-maintained, centrally located ın the West Bank, with views, quiet, spacious and comfortable rooms, and excellent facilities (wifi, cable TV, home-cooked meals, local wine and beer available).

But it is the Khouriyas themselves who make this place. Rawda and Issa and their two kids are generous hosts (and good cooks!). They are packed full of information and stories, are excellent guides, and they have an excellent network of contacts throughout the West Bank.

Use the place as a retreat to relax, or alternatıvely as the base for intense immersion into Palestinian life. Either way an excellent location to get a perspective on life on the other side of the Separatıon Wall

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jackbrumpton
South Africa, Gauteng
Reviewed 31 December 2010

It was my privilege to stay with the Khouriya family. They have opened their home and hearts to me. Altough it was just for one night it was so memorable, that it felt like my family and home. On the other hand they give you your space and you decide on how much time to spend with them. Their knowledge of Palestine and the current situation is excellent. I could reccommend this home with the wonderful Palestinian breakfast to any traveller!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank JuanMienie
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 23 December 2010

When I came to the Khouriya family I didn't know what to expect, but I couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. Everytime I needed anything from a tip where to travel to a meal they helped me.

I had a wonderful time and I have to thank the Khouriya family for it. I recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank esk1000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramallah
Royal Court Hotel
#5 of 7 in Ramallah
Lavender Boutique Hotel
Lavender Boutique Hotel
#2 of 13 in Ramallah

Been to Khouriya Family Guesthouse? Share your experiences!