“Taybeh Brewery”

Taybeh Brewery
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Ramallah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Taybeh Brewery is the first microbrewery in the Middle East and the first Palestine Beer since 1994. Come Visit Us for a tour and tasting! Producing Taybeh Golden Beer, Tayebh Dark, Taybeh Amber, Taybeh White and Taybeh non-alcoholic. Tours are offered 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday, 8am-4pm.
Shanghai, China
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Taybeh Brewery”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After a long trek across much of the West Bank earlier, it was a special moment for the group that I was with to come across Taybeh Brewery. After a great tour from Made Khoury, the owner's daughter, we enjoyed a great sampling produced. As a beer lover, I can only say that I look forward to the day the import and export restrictions are removed so that the worship world of hops, barley, and water can be kicked up a notch. Taybeh beer is amongst the best, and who could have guessed I would come across it in the West Bank near Ramallah. For any visitors to the area in the future, I strongly encourage you to visit the brewery operations yourself, order a Taybeh with dinner, or reach for one at home. Which reminds me. Write your local representative to allow for its import into your area. It is a product that should be enjoyed by all without the interference of politics.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Saysimba

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing beer, lovely place”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The brewery is in a lovely setting atop a hillside in Taybeh village. Best way to get there is to take a servis from Ramallah, chances are they'll know where you're trying to go! Very welcoming people and a small range of merchandise on sale, as well as their beer. A really great brewery that deserves your support!

alovelydrop.blogspot.com

Visited August 2012
1 Thank whereisthrent
Minneapolis, Minnesota
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Kind Employees, Great Beer, Hard to Find if You Take The Bus”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I have been drinking Taybeh for months and we have been hoping to take the factory tour. While it was five shekels to take the bus from Ramallah, we were dropped off in front of the Latin Church with no clue how to get there. We asked a few people at the church and one girl, who wasn't even from Taybeh, offered to walk us, asking people along the way where the factory was. She even walked inside to make sure that people spoke English and could take care of us. Once there, we took the tour - five minute promotional video followed by a small tour of the factory as well as glasses of beer (my husband loves when we do these tours because he gets my beer too). We asked a number of questions and bought a bunch of souvenirs. It made my husband very happy and I really appreciated the kindness of the staff. If you're going to be in Ramallah, I would suggest taking a half a day to visit Taybeh, the brewery, and the St. George ruins.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Danae_H
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“It is a Beer Factory in Palestine”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Yes, that's true. Its a beer factory in Palestine but it isn't quite as special as others have insinuated. Sure its the greatest beer in Palestine but that's because its the only beer in Palestine.

I visited the Taybeh Beer factory in early October of 2012, just shortly before their annual Octoberfest celebration. A tour of the factory is exactly as you would expect a tour of a factory to be. The staff working in the factory are all mostly members of the same family, the Khoury family that own and run the factory. The beer itself is good but the message behind it is a little misleading. It doesn't have much to do with Taybeh as a village and as a community of Palestinians but rather an entrepreneurial venture by a family of Palestinian-Americans from Boston, known for its bar scene and breweries.

Their motto is "Taste the Revolution" but I have yet to determine what is their revolution.

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent Beer! Not to miss”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had a great tour of this brewery - the only one in the West Bank - for 120 shekels we took a taxi from Ramallah and spent the morning learning about the brewery - some interesting facts - Israel shuts off the water to Palestine a couple days a week, so in order for the brewery to continue to operate, they must store water in tanks for those days.
The beer is very good and we brought back a 6 pack because they only have exporting allowed to Sweden and Japan for now. Drink Taybeh while you are in the Middle East!

Visited June 2013