“Go to their Oktoberfest. Seriously - just go.”
Review of Taybeh Brewery

Taybeh Brewery
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Ramallah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Taybeh Brewery is the first microbrewery in the Middle East and the first Palestine Beer since 1994. Come Visit Us for a tour and tasting! Producing Taybeh Golden Beer, Tayebh Dark, Taybeh Amber, Taybeh White and Taybeh non-alcoholic. Tours are offered 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday, 8am-4pm.
Reviewed 11 October 2013

By coincidence Taybeh's Oktoberfest happened the same weekend I visited Ramallah during my trip to Israel and Palestine. Participating in that event was one the best experiences on my entire trip - so keep an eye out for that party!
Besides the beer (which is great btw) it proved to be a great cultural experience which offered valuable insights.

2  Thank Nils J

Reviewed 29 July 2013

this is really a good beer, after a long day of walk travel tour around palestinian villages that the hostel arranged for us this was an amazing stop the village have a nice vibe and the beer was really good thank you guys at hostel in ramallah for your tips and advice it made our travel to palestine unforgettable i highly recommend you contact the guys at (hostel in ramallah) to arrange tours around palestine. thumbs up

2  Thank Chris A
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I haven't visited the Taybeh Brewery in several years yet I have never stopped enjoying the fruits of their hard efforts to make simply a "delicious" product! I decided it had been far too long since I roller-coastered through those breathtaking views of the west bank to taste first hand the Golden Ale. I wasn't disappointed and after a wonderful tour and a brief visit with one of the owners, Nadim Khoury our whole entourage of 5 were bubbling in the history, craftsmanship and family atmosphere of Taybeh Brewery! It is a must when you visit Israel/Palestine. We were five from Richmond, Virginia and knew that the travel advisories to Palestine was not written by any one who had visited Palestine 1st hand. To be sure there are vilages to be avoided, but not this one. Close to Jerusalem and easy to get to, this trip was a highlight for our group. We are now fantasizing about coming for the October Beer Festival!!! Inshallah

2  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 17 July 2013

After a long trek across much of the West Bank earlier, it was a special moment for the group that I was with to come across Taybeh Brewery. After a great tour from Made Khoury, the owner's daughter, we enjoyed a great sampling produced. As a beer lover, I can only say that I look forward to the day the import and export restrictions are removed so that the worship world of hops, barley, and water can be kicked up a notch. Taybeh beer is amongst the best, and who could have guessed I would come across it in the West Bank near Ramallah. For any visitors to the area in the future, I strongly encourage you to visit the brewery operations yourself, order a Taybeh with dinner, or reach for one at home. Which reminds me. Write your local representative to allow for its import into your area. It is a product that should be enjoyed by all without the interference of politics.

1  Thank Saysimba
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The brewery is in a lovely setting atop a hillside in Taybeh village. Best way to get there is to take a servis from Ramallah, chances are they'll know where you're trying to go! Very welcoming people and a small range of merchandise on sale, as well as their beer. A really great brewery that deserves your support!

alovelydrop.blogspot.com