“A Beautiful Welcome to Palestine at the Reef”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Reef House Pension

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramallah
Reef House Pension
Ranked #3 of 14 Ramallah B&B and Inns
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“A Beautiful Welcome to Palestine at the Reef”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our communication with George beforehand was helpful and reassuring. Iman and George gave us a warm Palestinian welcome and provided us with every service they could. We had a wonderfully relaxed couple of days there with an unforgettable tour of the village, led by George. We'll be recommending this place to other friends who visit Palestine and we very much hope to return next year-a real gem.

Room Tip: Make sure you have some mosquito protection (depending on the time of year)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Ramallah, Palestinian Territories
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have just spent four nights at George and Eman's guest house with my husband and our three young children. Both George and Eman were exceptional hosts, making sure we had everything we needed for our stay. George and Eman went above and beyond the call of duty to provide what we needed for our stay including some lovely treats for our children.
The guest house was clean with hot drinks and filtered water provided on a self serve basis. We also had access to a fridge/freezer and a kitchen for preparing our own food in. The guest house was clean and our beds were clean and comfortable. We also enjoyed having an ensuite shower room and a good supply of towels for us to use. The guest house was peaceful and has a lovely family feel and relaxing atmosphere to it. The cost was very reasonable and we also took advantage of George's free tour of the village which is very pretty and a lovely reminder of community life.
Thank you very much George and Eman xx

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lovely place, lovely people. George, Iman and Tony were very accommodating and went out of their way to make us breakfast on our schedule. They had great tips and advice for getting around the area. The reasonably-priced rooms are modest but comfortable and the 24 hour access to the water cooler, coffee and tea was a plus. I definitely recommend staying here while exploring Ramallah.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in this family run pension in a Christian village near Ramallah and were delighted. The family all have excellent English and were fantastically welcoming and will do anything they can to make your stay pleasurable. George took us on a tour around the village when we first arrived and also offered to take us around Ramallah. The breakfast is very good and varied, and at $30 a night per person we think this is a brilliant bargain.

This small village has several good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jifna
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. Good people. I come again. Always smile, clean, good food. Im stay there like my house. Im stay there for business for 40 days. I have wifi. Thanks George, Iman and Tony. When i come in Palestine in always stay in this beautiful place!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had a very enjoyable 5 day stay at Reef House this January with the welcoming hosts, George and Iman. The cost was $30 USD per night, which included breakfast (a hard boiled egg, hummus, pita, fresh fruit & vegetables, tea, a pastry). I stayed at the Khouriya guest house in Jifna too, and can say that Reef House has much better value for money if you are staying outside of Ramallah and want the guesthouse feel.

Here's why I enjoyed my stay at Reef House: the rooms all have their own in-suite bathroom, which is very convenient for getting ready in the morning. The bed was comfortable, sheets were clean, and the room was well-lit during the day. I was traveling in January, so the new electric room heaters they have in every room made it very comfortable, as all buildings in Palestine are made from concrete/marble to withstand the heat during the summer. Iman had our breakfast ready every morning at the time we asked, and there was a big kitchen downstairs for food prep if you wanted to make your own lunch/dinner. I am a light sleeper, and although Reef House is a guest house, it was always pretty quiet during the day and at night, so I felt well-rested. George and Iman also accept credit cards, which is very important for foreign travelers, so I didn't have to go into extra expense to withdraw NIS to give them cash.

Iman and George were very kind and treated us with warmth and respect as guests. They have a cleaning person on staff, and Iman asked me after my first day if I wanted my room cleaned/linens changed, which I thought was very nice. I only had her change my towels, since I was staying there for 5 days and didn't need the sheets changed. George gave my friend and I recommendations on where to eat in Jifna, and when my friend needed to go to Ramallah early one day, he gave her a ride.

If you are traveling to Ramallah, Jifna is a very peaceful place to stay, and George & Iman are wonderful hosts. The guest house is just off the "main" street in Jifna, and close to 2 supermarkets and a small pharmacy. It's about a 3 minute walk to the serveese stop (the shared taxi) to Ramallah or Bir Zeit University.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor (3rd floor)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I very much enjoyed my four nights at Reef House in January 2014. George, Iman, and Tony are very hospitable and they really go out of their way for their guests. For example, George offers guests a ride with him to Ramallah in the mornings. Also, the family is happy to accept credit cards and they do not charge any extra fees for this.
The rooms are very clean (cleaned daily) with private bathrooms, firm beds, large windows, and warm heaters, and guests control the hot water on each floor. Breakfast was good--I liked how Iman varied it each day. It typically included a hard boiled egg, hummus or lebna and bread, apple, tomatoes and cucumbers, cheese, and a pastry of some sort. It also included cereal or an omelet on some days. There is a kitchen available for self-catering, and a nice sitting room for working. Wifi is excellent with routers on each floor.
The only downside to Reef House is a barking dog at night somewhere near the neighborhood, but I had earplugs so it was no problem. I cannot think of any other negative aspects.
I would have stayed much longer had I realized the excellent accommodations and value that Reef House offers (I stayed there at the end of my visit). It is 100 NIS per night for a private room with bathroom, and George offers even better deals for longer visits on his website--check it out. Reef House is definitely the best value for your money in Jifna. I should also mention that Jifna is a lovely village with some great, reasonable restaurants, and it is in a convenient location--10-15 minutes by servicee to Ramallah and less than 10 minutes to Birzeit University.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor--they have the best views.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo