“Wonderful stay”

Coral Mist Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Worthing
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Another amazing stay at the Coral Mist. This place is a little gem, located on a beautiful beach which the rooms over look & the staff go out if their way to make you feel welcome. The hotel is on the main Worthing road and it is easy to hop on a bus & see the island. Accra beach is just a few minutes walk as well as Mojo bar for the best burgers (opposite the hotel).

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to The Penthouse which has a large roof terrace with loungers to sunbathe on & a double balcony to sit and watch the waves.

Will definitely be back again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire W

A TripAdvisor Member
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great place to stay, with fantastic views overlooking the sea, cant be beaten. Staff really looked after us, good room, good food and great views what more could you want. Will definately be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have just returned from a week here. I stayed in Blue Orchids in a studio room. Kitted out with excellent kitchen, around 15 TV stations which all worked. Housekeeping came daily and even did my washing up. Lovely view of pool and ocean. You get free wifi, (even on beach outside hotel) free air con, free sun loungers on beach, free safety deposit box (which is long and slim, iPad will not fit) and they even give you beach towels. It was really quiet, some days I was round the pool alone. Susanna checked me in and walked me to my room. Reggie was lovely and friendly too. Hotel has a small bar and restaurant. The ocean can be really rough but you will see turtles. Oistins fish fry on a Friday night is good, mojos across the road does awesome burgers. Don't use tri mart supermarket the staff don't even acknowledge you. At the shell garage turn left and go up the road there is a much bigger supermarket which is reasonably priced and even sells waitrose essentials food! I was advised by hotel not to wear my jewellery and put in safe to avoid opportunistic crime. You can go anywhere on the bus for $2 Barbadian, either on a normal bus or the little white "reggae" vans. They are an experience. I did the Bajun bus tour with virgin holidays through my virgin rep at the hotel which was excellent and you get to see most of the island.

All in all it was excellent, as per previous reviews needs a little updating but it certainly made no difference to me. You will be in the beach with about ten people. Lovely and peaceful. I was never kept awake by traffic from road, only by the ocean and the tree frogs!

Room Tip: If in blue orchids, the higher up you are, the better the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bitzywoo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the most wonderful time on my vacation because of this hotel. will advise to book. very helpful and also warm staff members. reception was great at organizing our trips around Barbados. everything was great, wont go anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leanna Z
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just got back from 2 weeks at the Coral Mist Beach Hotel. My wife and I both agree it was the most relaxing holiday we have ever had.
Our first impression as we pulled up outside the hotel was that it looked rather dated, and we started to get nervous. We needn't have worried because when we got to our ground floor apartment it was lovely. Like the rest of the hotel it was showing it's age a little, but it was spotlessly clean, and had a well equipped kitchen, nice sized lounge, and bedroom with en suite bathroom.
The best part was the patio, right on the beach. We did a little sightseeing, and I did a little diving, but the majority of the holiday was spent relaxing on the beach, and swimming in the warm (27C) water!

As stated by others the hotel was very quiet, the bar and restaurant were hardly used, and the only sound at night was the waves crashing on the beach, which I found very relaxing.

The staff at the hotel were all very friendly, and we made some real friends with a few (big hello to Paul, Shawn, Antonio, Joseph, and Denise), who made our holiday a real treat.

I took some aerial video of the hotel and beach with an C/C helicopter which you can see here:

All together a very nice experience!

Room Tip: Ground floor room a108 is a nice apartment opening onto the beach, next to the restaurant, and gets...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tonyh0905
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

All I can say is extremely helpful and friendly staff, fantastic location and decent rooms.

When we arrived we was greeted and explained where everything was etc our room was a studio room as reviews below simple clean and great view from the balcony. The kitchen was great everything you could need is there. Our bathroom had no issues, we did use the tv and radio both where fine.

We ate at the hotel a few times for lunch/breakfast/dinner food was great and cooked well.

Location wise you cannot go wrong you've got the gap not far away and a nice bar virtually opposite that does great cocktails!

Although the beaches are public there was no issues and kept clean. The pool area was small but enough as most people use the beach area.

I would 100% recommend this hotel and in fact looking to stay again ASAP!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed 26 May 2014

As previously stated not the most modern hotel but there was everything in your room that you could possible need, including hairdryer, fridge, microwave and cooker. We stayed on the ground floor next to the restaurant. There was never anyone in the restaurant at night so there was no noise. Opening your door there was the most gorgeous view leading right onto beach. Only disappointing thing was the sea was too rough to swim. Eazy to walk into St Lawrence Gap which has more nightlife. Just across the road is Mojos who do nice food and it is a lively bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Springwaterclose
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
0 mi away
Coral Sands Beach Resort
Yellow Bird Hotel
Yellow Bird Hotel
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap

Been to Coral Mist Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!