“Tasty food”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated on the South Coast road, The Chopping Board Kitchen at MOJO has plenty of dining space. Dine side bar, lounge, garden or on our deck. MOJO is an old traditional "Bajan" style, black and white building and inside it's walls are filled with famous musicians along with a room solely dedicated to Bob Marley,
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We ate here twice as we stayed across the street. Great burgers, fries, fish cakes, spicy pumpkin soup and great salads. Service is fast and friendly, they have a nice outdoor seating area with tiki torches and you can listen to the whistling frogs at night. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My son thought the Pork Tenderloin was delicious and I loved the Mojan salad. The Zombie was rather tasty too. We came back for more and if they'd had a Happy Hour we would have been back most nights to take advantage of their loyalty offer. Service was great too. Shame it's location is roadside as if it was by the beach then why would you eat anywhere else. But then again if it was beach side we probably couldn't have afforded it.

Owner-MOJO, Owner at The Chopping Board Kitchen at MOJO, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Good afternoon,
I am so sorry to here that you had such terrible service.
I was informed by my Floor Manager that a couple had left and I have since disciplined the waitress on duty.
We pride ourselves on our service and it is always upsetting to receive bad reviews, although I thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I would very much like you to return and have a complimentary meal for two on us.
Should you be willing to give us a second chance, please email mojobarbados@gmail.com to make a reservation.
Again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Good service from staff and, seriously, the best burger I have ever eaten anywhere! Didn't end up having time for drinks but the complimentary water (which you get more or less everywhere) was enough with the meal. Must go again - the décor relating to music really got me and didn't expect the eclectic soundtrack they had to be playing - a really cool place :)

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Im not one to be picky about a lot of things when it comes to music and I do enjoy the music at mojo when I go. However the past few times ive been to the bar the music starts off pretty well but then all of a sudden it feels like if we are being chased away with the sounds of loud heavy metal type music. Again let me say this, I have no problem with rock music but as I said the few times my friends and I have been to mojo on a Friday night it has been great! This friday was not so good at all. We felt rushed and no one but the bartenders and people we assume to be friends with them we having fun. The one girl working behind the bar seemed not at all interested in being at work and the rest just going with the flow. My friends and I have been to the establishment before and its the same thing whenever this young lady works and we honestly dont know if shes having a bad day sometimes because a few times she was seemingly polite but then other times she walks around or sits like she has a chip on her shoulder. I honestly believe that if you are in this type of business you have to cater to your customers needs and feed off of it not try to push them away. Its the first friday night ever in mojo that we did not feel welcomed! We will come back again but hopefully things will change for the better. Its a lovely spot but you have to get the vibe right and this weekend the vibe was soooo not the same!

Owner-MOJO, Owner at The Chopping Board Kitchen at MOJO, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good afternoon Sarah,
Thank you for your recent review. Firstly my apologies for you and your friends not feeling welcome.
This is not what Mojo is about and we pride ourselves on making sure everyone feels welcome.
In regards to the music, whilst we try our best to accommodate everyone's music taste it is true sometimes we don't always achieve this.
Some of our regular customers have been given the privilege of playing music and it is my understanding that this was the case on Friday and he does have a tendency to go with heavy rock!
Friday usually has a different manager on duty and he is currently on vacation which is why you noticed my other Manager working. Both Managers have different styles of Managing and I am sorry that you felt that she seemed disinterested. I have discussed the review with her and she too has offered her apologies.
I am glad that this is not going to deter you from returning and should you have any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards,
Dominique

Reviewed 27 June 2014

WOW the burgers here are awesome! I ate here twice as it was only across the road from my apartment. Service good, food lovely. You have to try this place. Booking recommended for larger parties.Check Facebook for their latest deals.