“Wonderful Experience”

Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Worthing B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Plum Tree at Rockley for the last three years and have booked for six weeks in 2014. These ideally located units are a little bit dated, but clean and well maintained. We appreciate the internet service, the shuttle to and from the Accra Beach every hour, the beautiful pool area, the laundry room, the barbie, and the friendliness of the entire staff. The 24 hour security is a bonus feature and very much appreciated. This lovely piece of paradise is within walking distance to groceries, restaurants, beaches and bus service.

Michael & Alison, Oakville, Ontario Canada

Room Tip: . Rooms facing the golf course are our favourite . Rooms not facing the golf course are quitter...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
plumtreeclub, General Manager at Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. Our many repeat guests are experts on the property by now, and you have listed many of the amenities which make Plum Tree Club such a popular choice for them each year. Your comments on our staff are especially appreciated, as we do think they are one of our biggest assets.

Just a quick note--the beach shuttle goes four times daily to and from the beach, although, as you have noted, it is easy to walk to the beach or to the restaurants and shopping in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This was my first stay at the Plum Tree Club and I will say it will not be my last. The staff were polite and helpful and the auxiliary members such as the taxi drivers were courteous and professional. The reason for my trip was a short break to sort some business and needed a comfortable base from which to operate. I was able to relax away from it all, without intrusion from outside as privacy is respected and encouraged. The cost was very reasonable and the Wi-Fi access was flawless. I would recommend this place for families or individuals as the grounds are beautiful and there is a pool on-site for some fun!!! Overall, a great retreat......

Mr. Barrow

Room Tip: I stayed in apartment 703 as It is perfect for the walking impaired. The rooms are very clean and sp...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Your comments about our staff and property are appreciated. We think that the quiet, private and home-away-from-home atmosphere is a large part of what makes Plum Tree Club so special, and we are glad that you do too. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was my second time at Plum Tree. I was there with a friend in 2010 but this time my husband & (adult) kids came. One improvement that we REALLY appreciated was the free Internet access! It really helped us to book our many adventures.
The housekeeping staff were great. In fact, I declined their services on many days. We had a couple of minor repair issues but they were dealt with pronto! Another improvement while we were there was the installation of a hair dryer in the bedroom. Next time we won't have to pack one.
I take exception to some of the comments & ratings I read; so that prompted me to address them so that potential guests are not influenced by what they said. Here they are:
1. Someone complained about not enough toilet paper. Did they mention that to the staff? If they had, they would have been given as many rolls as they wanted!
2. Someone said that it was miles from the beach but that they provided a free shuttle service 4 times a day. The latter part is true but the statement is misleading. The shuttle goes to & from Accra Beach but there are MANY other beaches less than a 5 minute walk away. We actually preferred them to Accra which is more touristy.
3. The kitchen was adequately supplied & we had no problem making meals for 4 adults.
4. Yes, air conditioning is only supplied in the bedroom but we turned it off as soon as we arrived & didn't use it at all in the 3 weeks we were there.
5. TV. Can't comment because we never even turned it on. We didn't go to Barbados to watch TV!
6. There IS a restaurant ("Birdie's") on site. We went there a couple of times but preferred to explore other restaurants. Our favourite was "Sharkie's" which was just a short walk. Make reservations though! We found other restaurants within easy walking distance as well, like "Club Carib".
Those are just a few things that were mentioned that I found unfair & misleading. The ONLY problem (inconvenience) we had was with the tokens we bought to do laundry. There are 2 types & the ones that were sold to us worked in the washing machine but not in the dryer. The office was closed & the night guard didn't have any on hand. Solution: we draped our damp laundry over the furniture in the rooms. Problem solved. Suggestion: Give the night guards tokens to sell or exchange. By the way, said guards were extremely personable, especially Robert Best who I had met in 2010.
My daughter & I really enjoyed the Aqua Yoga classes offered by Penny twice a week -- once at the Plum Tree pool; the other at the pool just next door.
My husband bought a week's membership to golf. I joined him once when there was absolutely no one else on the entire course. I found the green fees & clubs rental quite steep for the occasional golfer, as I am. It was fun to see an entire clan of green monkeys at the 4th green & the 5th tee!
Suggestion: Reduce the membership rate & make it more flexible so that it doesn't have to be for 7 consecutive days and reduce the price for a guest of a member. I strongly believe that your course would be busier & more profitable. Birdie's restaurant (the '19th hole') would benefit immensely as well!
Just one more comment: There's a safe in the bedroom but there is a fee of about $1.25 per day to use it. Every where else I have been the use of the safe was included. In the end we decided that the peace of mind it gave it was worth it but I still think charging for it wasn't very classy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank untopable
plumtreeclub, General Manager at Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and balanced review. I really appreciate your comments and suggestions, as we take customer feedback very seriously. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back for your third visit very soon! We will certainly consider your suggestions regarding the laundry tokens and the fee for the use of the room safe. Once again, thank you for your constructive review—it gives potential guests a realistic portrayal of Plum Tree Club and lets us know where we can improve.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My husband and I honeymooned there for 7 nights and we loved it!!!! The atmosphere is just simply wonderful, its a great get away from it all. The service is great, the people are friendly and it was what we wanted and more. The costing is great for such a wonderful place! We'll be back next year to celebrate our 1st anniversary! Can't wait to go back! Plum Tree Club is what we would recommend to all of our friends & family looking to vacation in Barbados.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Congratulations again to you on your marriage! I'm so glad you enjoyed your honeymoon at Plum Tree Club and look forward to seeing you back again on the first anniversary (and maybe the 30th too!) Thank you for your kind comments and your recommendations to friends.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We exchanged into Plum Tree through our timeshare. We saw the pictures and weren't expecting much. We knew going there it wasn't a 5 star resort. However we were pleasantly surprised to find the area one of the best in access to beaches and restaurants and shopping. We had a car but you could get around anywhere walking or taking the taxi that was provided to the beach at the resort. The staff was wonderful and the people around the pool were very friendly. Everything we needed was in the unit. Thank goodness the bedroom had the air conditioner. Although it was a bit difficult to control the temperature. It took a bit to get used to the remote and sensor combination. The staff cleaned our unit every other day, which was a nice surprise because usually at timeshares you only get 1 cleaning if you are lucky. Barbados itself is a very expensive island, but lots to do and see, if you want. The beach at Accra/Rockley is one of the best on the island.We enjoyed walking the boardwalk along the ocean. We enjoyed St. Nicholas's Abbey, HarrisonCaves and my husband enjoyed his dive. I enjoyed some jewellery shopping and dining at the Cliffside Restaurant(very expensive). The condition of the golf course was not up to our standards so we did not play and the cost was a bit too steep for us for what you got. The units could stand an update but the resort is very quiet and very relaxing. We would probably stay there again, only because of its location to everything. Barbardos is a busy island but the people are very friendly and courteous. We were very comfortable walking around or driving around the island.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The bed was small and extremely uncomfortable. The room was hot, there is only an air conditioning in the bedroom and it is sensor operated, no remote control to alter the air conditioners temperature. The cupboard, in the kitchen where the garbage is located smell horrible when open. The tv was one of the old cheap televisions with poor cable channel selections. There is no restaurant facility on the premises. Overall, i hated the place. There is no gym on the premises either.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
plumtreeclub, General Manager at Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to review Plum Tree Club. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, but hope that you managed to have an enjoyable holiday. We take our guest feedback very seriously and strive to provide clean, secure accommodation for our guests. I note that you have not mentioned whether you alerted us to your problems during your stay; I assume this is not the case as we might have been able to solve some of them for you, such as the temperature of the air-conditioner.
It is true that there is air-conditioning only in the bedroom (this is noted on our website) and it is sensor-controlled; this system is part of our environmental programme designed to control electricity wastage from air-conditioners running in empty rooms.
We provide over 60 cable TV channels to our guests; I am sorry that you did not find these sufficient. There is a small restaurant on the golf course, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and is within walking distance. As our website also shows, the apartments have a fully-equipped kitchen which allows our guests to save on eating out every day.
Thank you again for your feedback. I encourage future guests to visit our website where all the details about the property are clearly stated.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

The best thing about Plum Tree is the wonderful array of timeshare owners that go back year after year - some for upwards of 30 years. They were very welcoming and the great pool was the place to be to meet and strike up new friendships. Thanks to those long-timers, we had a very pleasant stay. The units are tired and only minimally equipped for cooking. Sometimes the bed linens had rips and toilet paper was not always refilled adequately. Plum Tree is a few miles from the beach, but there is a free shuttle that goes back and forth 4 times each day.

Room Tip: Make sure that you book a unit as far away from the laundry rooms as possible - the noise from fans...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worthing
Ocean Spray Beach Apartments
Dover Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Dover
Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Coral Sands Beach Resort

Been to Plum Tree Club on Rockley Golf Course? Share your experiences!