“Birthday Celebration”
Review of Podere le Pialle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pontassieve
Podere le Pialle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bologna, Italy
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My birthday celebration at Podere le Pialle was wonderful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, the pool beautifully kept, but what really made the stay were Gabriella and Franco. They were kind, helpful, and went out of their way to make mine and my girlfriends holiday perfect.
Gabriellas cooking is superb. If you have the opportunity to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner during your stay I suggest you do it! You will not regret it. We stayed for two nights, eating a variety of home cooked food. Friday night we were treated to a Fiorentina steak that Franco had bought that morning, cooked on the BBQ.
A personal highlight for me was Franco taking me to see his bee hives. They make their own (award winning) honey at Podere le Pialle, and going to see the bees work their magic was amazing. Bee suits were provided, and Franco was more than happy to share his experiences and knowledge.
All in all, a wonderful stay at Podere le Pialle and an unforgettable birthday.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vaterstetten, Germany
Reviewed 30 May 2013

It was my first trip on my own, just me and my dog. I found in Gabriella and Franco more than a "normal host", they were so warmheartetd and friendly that I felt immediatley at home. The area is wonderful, peaceful and quiet, filled with bird songs and deers, porcupiens and all kind of wildlife. A great pool, lots of nice places to get a private moment, a cosy room, even with a litlle fridge for breakfast things. It inspired me in so many ways. Always a laugh and nice gestures, delicious food and recipies made my days a complete delight. THANK YOU for all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Temse, Belgium
Reviewed 22 August 2012

There's nothing much to add to all the excellent reviews there were published here! Podere Le Pialle is indeed a jewel in the Florentine mountains. As we said to Franco this truly was one of the best holidays we ever had as a family. I never felt so one with nature before. In the Podere you are surrounded with silence, great landscapes and all sorts of animals. On top of that Gabriella is a great chef that cooks with a lot of love for her guests. (If we didn't live 1.400 kms away, we would come and eat here every week or so). And even though the Podere itself is an haven of silence, both Firenze and Fiesole are not far away. We stayed in the flat and it was very comfortable and spacious. The kitchen is fully equiped, but with the cooking qualities of Gabriella, we didn't use it :)
We hope to go back in the (near) future, (and this time, Franco we will bring our second stomach!!)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 4 June 2012

When we left home for an improvised vacation, our secret hope was to find a quiet and authentic environment in the Tuscan countryside. At Podere le Pialle we found exactly what we were looking for: warm and friendly hosts, great local cooking, a clean and comfortable room, and most of all, absolute silence in amazing surroundings. We were unlucky with the weather, and upon Franco's advice we decided to go for a cultural roundtrip among Tuscany's magnificent villages and towns. Back 'home' after a day out, Franco and Gabriella prepared the most wonderful local dishes (after the first evening we decided to skip lunch the following days!). And when the Italian sun came back, we enjoyed a quiet and relaxing 2 days in the Podere's garden and surroundings. All in all, we spent a truly great week with a wonderful mix of nature and culture, and came back home with a smile (and a pot of honey), knowing that we had found a little piece of heaven in Florence's backyard!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Podere le Pialle in 2010 and our time there was simply magical. Our room was very comfortable and thoughtfully furnished. Every meal prepared by our hostess Gabriella was delicious and unique with many of the ingredients grown there on the farm. She was amazing, especially considering that her husband Franco was in the hospital with a broken leg. The surrounding hills were so peaceful. I will admit that I feared for the life of our tiny rental car as we navigated the long bumpy drive but the experience was worth every pothole! When we left Gabriella waving from the farm, I felt we were leaving behind a good friend. Podere le Pialle will be one of my stops when I return to Italy.

Room Tip: Rooms are not air conditioned so try to avoid the hot summer months.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The time we spent with Franco & Gabriella was one of the most memorable vacations ever. After a long day of sight seeing, we could come "home" to the beautiful garden and relax and enjoy great wine and food with our hosts. The Podere is a beautiful setting well worth the drive down the "road". It's secluded, quiet and peaceful; a great place to re-energize oneself for the next day. The accomodations were very comfortable and clean. Franco and Gabriella treated us like members of their family. They were extremely helpful with suggestions for places to visit, and Franco went above and beyond to help us with a rental car problem. We would highly recommend this agritourissmo to anyone who doesn't mind driving on the back "roads" and who wants to experience the truly wonderful Tuscan family culture. We had a very special time and feel we have made friends for life. We would return in a heartbeat! Roland & Linda, Las Cruces, NM USA

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Yekaterinburg, Russia
Reviewed 13 July 2011

As said the best owners of the best Tuscany place (I mean of course Podere le Pialle) "Eat what you want, do what you want!" What could be better for the wonderful vacations? Only the fresh air, amazing Tuscany nature, extremly tasty food and hospitality of the farm owners. All of it you can find on this farm. But don't worry about comfort. Franco e Gabriella will propose you very comfortable, stylish, cosy room with new bathroom. You will have a breakfast in terrace with amazing mountain view. You could use the new swimming pool in hot day or walk or go to Florence. By the way at first time the way to the farm seemed to be very scary becouse of mountain road. But the second time it's ok)). And don`t miss the dinner! I couldn't say how the is delicious you should test it for youself. I`m absolulty sure i`ll be back here. Thanks a lot Franco and Gabriella! Grazie!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontassieve
Relais Pian d'Ercole
Agriturismo Fattoria Lavacchio
Agriturismo Sottotono
Agriturismo Sottotono
#1 of 1 in Santa Cristina a Mezzana

Been to Podere le Pialle? Share your experiences!