“Just average”

Price range: US$35 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The setting of this restaurant was wonderful, staff so helpful. Maybe the chef was having a bad night but we didn't enjoy it as much as we hoped. Confit of beef was awful and I found it very hard to finish it. My husband was the same with his and we really aren't fussy (I swear!). It just wasn't the spectacular meal we were lead to believe and we both came away very disappointed.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We were encouraged to arrive at 7:30 p.m. to see the Tuscan sunset from the patio dining area. That's earlier than most dine in Italy but the sunset, the food, the wait staff, the wines and the company of my partner, two sons, and their partners made for a spectacular dining experience. The chef prepared a tasting menu for the three women which our partners were sorry to have missed. I second every positive review of this place!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

They are truly artists at La Sosta Del Gusto. My wedding dinner was beyond what I ever imagined. My guests are still talking about the amazing cocktail hour and dinner. The fried sage and zucchini flour rets were incredible.

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for the past several years and find Chef Claudio to be one of the most talented and creative chefs in Tuscany. They utilize all local ingredients, herbs and spices grown on the premises, and personally select all cheese and meat from local farmers.
The location set on the Tuscan hills S/E of Florence, and is part of the historic Castello del Trebbio, (also worth a visit), I highly recommend reservations and request to sit outside-
This place is a favorite of my family-and all my Florentine friends whom I've sent have always
raved. I always look forward to trying new items on the menu!

Tel:(+39) 055.830.03.41

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Yes, this is another of my favorite venues for weddings, the restaurant is located at the Castello del Trebbio, but even if you are not getting married, do stop by for dinner, Claudio is a truly talented chef, the ancient cellars turned into the restaurant hall are beautiful, the wines are lovely, and you'll want to go back!