“Very nice and friendly small hotel!!”
Review of Albergo I Villini

Albergo I Villini
Ranked #1 of 10 Pontassieve B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Berlin
“Very nice and friendly small hotel!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed in Pontassieve for one week at Angela and Tinos place. They have been very friendly and helpful all over the time. The rooms and the lobby are decorated nicely with artworks by Tino and that`s what makes a unique atmosphere. It was like feeling home from the first second on. The place is located very central. So it`s easy to reach the center of Pontassieve and the beautiful scenery around the rivers! The station is only a few steps walking time. Florence is 20 min by train which is leaving almost every 30 min. So it was easy to reach other Tuscany cities like Siena, Lucca and Arezzo. I also would suggest to order the breakfast with selfmade jam by Angela-- which also was one of the highlights-- and fresh croissants!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank toozkenie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2009

On our last trip to Tuscany we stayed at I Villini for 1 week. It stands across the river Sieve, and is adorned with the remarkable art works of Tino Batistini, an artist from Cremona transplanted in Tuscany. We were overwhelmed by the the hospitality of Angela and Tino. We woke up every morning with breakfast in bed with delicious cappuccino, croissants and juices. They were eager to help us find restaurants and places to visit and make our vacation very enjoyable. The train station is 5 minutes walk from I Villini and the trains to Florence run every 20 minutes. We visited some of the vineyards of Montalcino eg, the famous Casanova di Neri-their 2001 Brunello received 100 points from Wine Spectator, and Montepulciano, Assisi, Pisa, Vinci, and of course, Florence. We are looking forward to returning there next year.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Amstetten
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Albergo I Villini is a very cosy and charming small hotel. A worm and freindly reception through Angela + Toni and their all time eagerness to help the hotel guests are realy exceptional! Tino's artistic works all over the hotel are a welcome change to big hotels with cold atmosphere.

It's location in Pontassieve gave us the best possible oppertunity to travel comfortably by train to Ferenze, Pisa, Lucca and other wonderful places without our car and parking space headache. Infrastructure like good quality dining places, a large supper market, Espresso shops etc are in easy walking distance form the hotel.

In one word: "Give it a Try"

Ghosh
Austria

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Quirky, helpful, patient. Lovely continental breakfast served in your room. Exceeded expectations and very handy for the train to Florence.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Gibraltar
Reviewed 3 May 2007

Angela and Tino have received a lot of very good reviews elsewhere, all thoroughly deserved, I must say. Very very helpful, and very very friendly. They even had a recommendation for a restaurant in Lucca, on the day of our departure; which turned out to be excellent.

Ryanair now fly from Sevilla to Pisa, and we're returning to Firenze in 2007. I've already booked us back in!.

The I Villini is close to the railway station, and there are about 40 trains each day to the centre of Firenze. Tino handed us a timetable on arrival - very handy. Trains were cheap, clean, and pretty much on time.

There is also a Co-op Supermarket about 100 yards away. I could have shopped all night; purely for the huge selection of Italian foods and wines. Next time - we're taking an empty suitcase!!

• Liked — The friendly owners
  • Disliked — There was nothing I didn't like. Although my wife was slightly un-nerved by some of the wall-sculptures! They have to be seen!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple