“Good value”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Rhoose. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're South Glamorgan’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I called in for a meal on the way to the airport. The service was very good and friendly without being obtrusive. The food was a simple roast, with four choices of meat and good value for money, but the fat used to cook the Yorkshire puddings was either stale,burnt or extremely cheap as it imparted a very unpleasant flavour to the yorkshires. Assuming that this was an uncharacteristic blip, I would definitely call again.

Toby Carvery R, Guest Relations Manager at Toby Carvery Rhoose in Barry, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Your review is very helpful, and we promise to take note of the point you made about the Yorkshires.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have been to this Toby Carvery at the Cwm Ciddy a few times before and the standard has ranged from Very Good to Decidedly Average. I don't know if we arrived at the wrong time last night (which is often very relevant with these 'serve yourself' type places) but it really was pretty bad.
FOOD: Didn't really get much meat. I went for all four on offer which (apart from the pork which was quite tasty) turned out to be bland and not very warm - by far the worst was the beef which was so chewy as to be completely inedible. Some of the vegetables were almost all gone and special mention should go to the, so called, cauliflower cheese which was soggy cauliflower that looked and tasted like it had been there for hours with almost no cheese and also the last few undercooked roast potatoes. The bottom line being that they should have definately been checked and replenished before they got to that state. OVERALL: I know this might all sound a bit harsh but I always give fulsome praise to placed when it is deserved so it is right I say it like it is here. We didnt pay a huge amount for the meal obviously - which probably saved it from getting 1 out of 5 - but, whatever the price, it was simply not good enough on this occasion.

1  Thank streets585

We are very sorry that you left disappointed following your meal our Toby Carvery. We have emailed you personally as it is our goal to give every customer the best experience possible.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Before heading off for along walk in Porthkerry Park my partner and I stopped for breakfast. The staff in particular our waitress R - couldn't have been more helpful We are vegetarians and they arranged for veggie sausages to be cooked for us (only moan - they were a tad undercooked but at least they made the effort). For only about £4 each we had an all you can eat fry up - you really can't go wrong as far as value for money is concerned. The restaurant itself is clean and well presented. At the end of our walk it was the perfect place to enjoy a well earned glass of cider - and once again R- was there with her big smile and friendly attitude. We will definitely be visiting again.

Thank you very much for choosing to visit us and for leaving your kind review on Trip Advisor. It is wonderful when we receive such good feedback and we have sent you a personal response.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stopped over before a flight from Cardiff Airport on the Monday morning. As there are not many places to get decent food in that area the Toby Carvery was a welcome treat. I suffer with a stomach complaint so tend to avoid big meals before a flight and as it was a sunday my choice of food would have been limited were it not for the kindness and helpfulness of the staff there. I asked if I could eat from the childs menu due to the limited amount of food I would eat, and they would have been well within their rights to say no (especially considering Sunday is their most profitable day). They could not have been more helpful, understanding of my situation, and even offered to cook something separately for me. This was massively appreciated and gave me a stress-free night and left me safe to travel the next morning without fear of repercussions with my stomach. To top it off the food was cooked to perfection and much better than the majority of Toby carveries I have visited previously. Thank you to all the staff concerned. Stunning must visit carvery

1  Thank venkmanuk

May we thank you for taking the time to give us such nice feedback, it is good to know that you found your visit to be a pleasurable experience, and we have replied to you personally.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had a lovely eat all you can breakfast on 14th June . The food is wonderful, with a wide choice. It's good value for money. However, this time we were very disappointed with the hygiene. On our table it was set up for 4 people, there was just the 2 of us but all of the cutlery was soiled. I had to look around other tables to find clean cutlery. Also, the table was sticky and clearly not been wiped effectively.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the cleanliness at Toby Carvery Redhill was not as good as you would have expected. We will look into this as want all our guests to be completely satisfied when they visit us.