“Amazing choice and all homemade!”
Review of The Highwayman Inn

The Highwayman Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Rhoose
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You can find us in the quaint village of Nurston on the outskirts of Rhoose in the Vale of Glamorgan.When you find us you will be welcomed by friendly staff, great food and a good selection of well kept drinks.We have a 'just for kids' menu that features homemade fresh ingredients. When the weather's fine we have a kids play area.Our Condemned Mans Meal is famous throughout South Wales. Are you brave enough to try it? Try if you dare! Also serving cooked breakfast from 11.45 Monday - Wed & the rest of the week from 9am. Sunday dinner is serverd from 12.00. Call in before your fly.
“Amazing choice and all homemade!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have visited the Highwayman on a number of occasions and have been more than impressed each time!
I usually opt for the steak kebab which consists of huge chunks of fillet and some pieces of veg on a skewer accompanied by a side salad and HOMEMADE chips (£17.95)
Today I had the lasagne which again was homemade and tastes amazing with a side salad and HOMEMADE chips! (£9.95) my partner had the mixed grill (£16.95) which he said was beautiful and couldn't finish it all. It was even topped with homemade onion rings! We also had a garlic ciabatta which was very tasty!
I am a massive fan of restaurants who serve homemade chips as it really finishes off the meal for me and shows that they take pride in the food they serve. Anyone can cook frozen chips!
Last but not least the staff are very friendly and keen to ensure you are completely happy with your meals! Thank you!
I will continue returning to The Highwayman with family and friends, And would give it more stars if possible. Highly recommended as somewhere to eat if your passing or if your not.

• Visited June 2014

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fabulous and worth your money!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

First time visiting this place the food was absolutely wonderful and breathtaking. The flavour of the food was so good and was the best food that I have ever tasted. The staff service was tremendous and polite with a happy smile on their faces. Food was quick service and nice and hot too. Great atmosphere inside also. Sitting area outside with benches and a park with a bouncy castle for the kids and when its a sunny day to relax. Beer garden aside it also.

Barry, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Finally I got to eat in this delightful place after passing it many times!!
Such pleasant staff, friendly, helpful, fast service,
Food was delicious, I had Mediterranean Salmon, which has to be one of the nicest
meals I have had, bursting with flavour & plentiful. My partner had Sunday dinner & commented
that the Beef was the best he had had in a long time & more than enough for him, he followed this with sticky toffee pudding, also delicious.
Lovely atmosphere, with a good mix of young & old diners.
Suits all tastes
We asked the staff if they were always this busy, we were advised to telephone in future for Sundays as they can get extremely busy, good to know!!
Keep your eyes on the skies for airplanes flying in & out of nearby Cardiff Airport!
Look forward to returning..

• Visited May 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Experance”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ill start off by saying that this place was recommend by family who had been there on 3 previous occasions and have had good meals.

Unfortunately we found it to be the exact opposite, whilst the starters were good the mains (all various meets) were extremely bad the meat was dry and all you could taste was the grill chars.

We informed the waitress who said that she would let the kitchen know and also find out if anyone else had complained.

after paying the bill , I once again mentioned the food (i did so after paying as I believe that once you complain its down to a restaurant to rectify as they see fit, you should have to ask for money back or a voucher for another time) and I was promptly told that this is how the meat is always cooked and that no one else complains.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Chris7cc
Barry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great meal, large portions, steak was cooked very well and was tender, even had pear cider on tap! Couldn't ask for a warmer welcome, all of the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.

• Visited April 2014