“Brill”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
“Brill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

Have stayed many holiday inn especially in hull can find no fault with them look forward to our stay at Cardiff in August as my husband and I are celebrating 30 years together and he is looking forward to a room overlooking the runway

• Stayed December 2011
CDFAP-GSM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you are enjoying staying with us and I would like to thank you for your loyality.
We are looking forward to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff airport and we hope that the the stay is as good as the previous ones.

Deputy GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
wrexham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed here in January and it was well worth the money. Rooms were clean and comftable. Receptionist was very friendly and happy to help. Breakfast was very good, I loved the hot little cabinets for the pastries. Really good selection. Holiday inn express is well worth the money and you know what you will get.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank flick86
CDFAP-GSM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for staying at Holiday inn Express Cardiff Airport. I am very glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future. Pklease be assured that your comments will help us to strive even better service in the future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently had a business meeting for the day and I have to say that I was really impressed with everything about this Hotel. I didnt stay overnight but having used it for business and seeing how this Hotel is run I would definately recommend it. Even though its a good few years old, it is absolutely immaculate and looks like it was recently built. The staff were first class. Very friendly and nothing was too much of a problem. We had a buffet lunch which was lovely but the restaurant also looked very nice. If you are flying from Cardiff Airport I would say that this is the ideal place to stay. Parking for a week is very cheap at only £18 and it sits right next to the airport but there is a shuttle bus. I would definately stay here if I flew from Cardiff. Go on give it a go, its a little gem

Room Tip: I didnt stay overnight but from what I say I would definately recommend this Hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you very much for you kind words regarding your meeting at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
We are always glad to hear positive feedback to encourage our staff to keep the same levels at all time. Pleas be assured that we will share the comments and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards.

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I booked this hotel for one night Good Friday the day before we travelled. At such short notice, we weren't able to book a reasonably priced Cardiff city centre hotel as we normally do. I was very impressed when, within ten minutes (at the most) of booking online through a discount company, I had a phonecall asking if I'd prefer a disabled room as I'd requested a ground floor twin adding this was necessary as one adult is a wheelchair user. I explained that such a room only has a double bed and we needed twin beds as the other (young) adult is my son. I was given the groundfloor bedroom nearest Reception which was spacious enough for G's wheelchair although not a specific disabled room.
Our evening meal was enjoyable (lasagne, garlic bread and masses of salad - G gave it a huge thumbs up. The menu was rather limited but adequate for a one-night dinner choice. The only downside was the lack of salad dressing apart from Mayonnaise - please just keep a bottle of French Dressing or similar hidden away for guests who request this!! G enjoyed mayo and tomato sauce (yuk) mixed together on his meal and if he says a meal is good then it really is as he's Very Fussy!!
Breakfast was excellent and G sent me back to get him an extra sausage so that was a thumbs up from him too.
We both felt that the mere half hour free wi-fi is extremely miserly in this day and age as we both use wi-fi simultaneously and for long periods of time. Also English Channel 4 would have been appreciated as I'm a Come Dine with Me fan - a printed list of channels available would have been helpful too.
We travel to Cardiff frequently for National disabled sport training sessions and will certainly book here again when we're unable to find suitable accomodation in the city centre.

Room Tip: If you need a twin bedded room for a wheelchair user, request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank GillygemsWales
Dear Sir/ Madam

Thank you very much for sharing your experience here at tripadvisor.
I am very happy to hear that all your requirements have been fullfilled during your stay with us.
Just to make you aware for your next stay we do have a ceasar salad dressing available if you request it while ordering your food. We also have a info channel on the TV to inform you about the facilities in the hotel and it lists the TV and Radio channels as well.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with our team and thank you again for the kind words.

Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I think many people stay here when using the airport but my wife and I use it regularly when visiting my daughter who lives nearby. It is a typical modern hotel, rather lacking in character but clean and comfortable. The rooms are large with comfortable beds and all the facilities you will need and, if you are a smoker, it has several smoking rooms which is becoming more and more of a rarity these days. The soundproofing and air conditioning are excellent and although many of the rooms overlook the airport runway there is no aircraft noise at all.

The hotel is excellent value and the room rate includes a buffet breakfast.which is unusual in a hotel at this price level and, what's more, there are several hot dishes. These have never varied on any of our visits and always consist of sausages, baked beans, hash browns and (powdered) scrambled eggs. The quality isn't brilliant but the sausages seem to have become a cult thing with me! Of course, you can also have the usual range of cereals, yoghurt, toast, rolls etc. We've tried the restaurant for dinner a couple of times. It was OK but nothing special but if you use it you wouldn't be looking for gourmet dining anyway.

The staff are always helpful and we've never had anything to complain about.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay ay Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
I am glad that you have been a loyal customer and that the facilities we offer fit your requirements. Please be assured that I will share your comments with our staff members who always strive to deliever excellent service.

Ballymena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for 1 night going to see a concert. Great hotel, very comfortable and lovely rooms. Would definately stay again

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
CDFAP-GSM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many Thanks for your appreciative review. It is always motivating to see that our guests are enjoying there stay with us and would back.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Prashant Vaid
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Booked this hotel as it is handy for the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff and we were going to the Six Nations game against Italy.
We were greeted warmly then booked in quickly and efficiently by the receptionist. Our room was warm, spacious and clean, in fact it looked brand new, the bed was comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows.
The bar was busy but service was good and the seating was comfortable.
We found the breakfast good and although it was very busy everything seemed to be topped up before it ran out.
All in all a great base when going to Cardiff for rugby, concerts etc. would definitely use again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
CDFAP-GSM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many Thanks for your review.

It is very much appreciated when our guests are pleased and happy with our efforts. I will be sharing your comments with my team as well.

I am glad you had an excellant stay. I look forward to welcoming you for the future Rugby games this year and next year.

Once again many thanks for your review.

Best Regards

Prashant vaid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
Tadross Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!