“Poor, Poor, Rude and Poor.”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Poor, Poor, Rude and Poor.”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Half of the breakfast items were not available on either morning I was unfortuanate enough to be staying here. Perhaps a blessing in disguise as the ones available were cold and stale. If you have children expect to be treated with contempt by some members of staff who don't particularly want to be bothered to serve you. Customer service at the hotel is non existent. Overall this hotel makes a 1 star seem plush.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hart1304
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear Hart1304,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
bournemouth
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Stayed here last weekend of November for one night with my Family. We booked this hotel about 8 weeks in advance and got a great price if you book closer to the time you need the price may increase. We were meeting other family members in Cardiff this was the closest hotel we could get as Wales were playing New Zealand at rugby that day even by booking so far in advance we could not get any closer than this hotel. It is not the first time we have used this hotel as my wife had stayed here before when visiting relatives (no review) and thought it was good then so our second visit has prompted a proper review.
Rooms good to this hotels standard and bathrooms perfect for what you need, beds comfy and a reasonable amount of space taking into account my daughter(12) was with us in a sofabed this to ok. Bar area really good spacious tv etc .Breakfast a little bit of a let down no bacon but it was not the worst breakfast we have had and I would be sure you would find something to satisfy most appetites.
Now for the really good bit we needed to get back into Cardiff in the evening this hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus into town you have to book but I think this was a splendid idea the driver drops near central station. So all in all this hotel is a bit out of the way for Cardiff city centre great for the airport plenty of parking, but much cheaper than a city centre hotel and good for this chain of hotels .Recommended

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at Holiday inn express Cardiff airport here on tripadvisor. First of all i would like to thank you for your loyalty and would like to impress that i am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy that all the facilites were to your liking and that you appreicated the extra service with the complimentary shuttle bus in to town. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Excellent value for Holiday Inn Express. Standard room, very clean and basic. No outside noise. Bus to airport runs only every hour so walked which was only 10 minutes but if going on holiday would not be handy for transfer. NO WI-FI! Not even available in public areas! Although it is reasonably priced to purchase. Menu chose for dinner basic but ok. Breakfast, plenty available. Some staff pleasant but cannot say all of them were.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear Avril,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am glad you have found our room clean and that you found us to be excellent value for money. We do use the complimentary airport bus for hourly transfers but we certainly can organize different time slots if you do need to be at the airport at a specifice time. We do offer a 30min free internet access in the whole bulding per stay which is normally appreciated by our guests I am not sure if you have been informed about that while you were staying with us. It would be great if you could get in touch with me if you can point out whiuch member of staff has not been pleasant. Please get in touch under deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

London
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Hi I stayed at this hotel with my husband and two kids, aged under 4. The hotel has a lovely big reception, lots of parking, a communal microwave which came in handy for heating babies milk. There was no fridge in the room but the hotel staff were very accommodating and let us store the kids medicine and milk in their fridge, along with our ice blocks in their freezer, ready for our journey home! The family room was a very good size, even with the sofa bed out and the cot set up. Very clean, modern, large flat screen tv nd shower room. There is even a pool table and air hockey table in the setting area in reception. Breakfast is complimentary and was a bit of a mess when we got there and had to ask staff to clear table but they did it quickly. Breakfast is ok, good variety. Although near the airport, the hotel is very well sound proofed, we couldn't hear the planes at all! Recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear Madam,
Thnak you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I am very glad that we made your families stay as comfortable as possible and that you received all the service you need to relax. I am sorry that the breakfast area has been messy when you came down for breakfast and I am very happy that the staff cleared the table straight away and you could enjoy good variety of our breakfast buffet. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future. Thank you again for your positive feedback.

Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My room was quiet and the bed was OK. But the staff seemed overworked and not very friendly.

The whole point of an airport hotel is to provide convenient and reliable transport to the terminal building. This one doesn't.

The shuttle bus only runs hourly and is an airport service bus. I (and half a dozen other guests) waited 25 minutes past the scheduled departure time: no bus, so I walked or would have missed the flight. Yes, it's only a 5 - 10 minute walk, but it wasn't fun in the pouring rain; and it wouldn't be easy with luggage or with kids in tow. Although a Holiday Inn minibus was parked outside the hotel, no-one was willing drive it to the terminal building.

Satnav users beware the hotel postcode takes you to a field 2 miles from the hotel. There are no signs to the hotel from this point.

1 Thank JandP_Cotswolds
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is the first time that I have heard that there was an issue with transport during your stay. Could you please get in touch with me under deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk to let me know when you stayed at what time you needed transport etc.
Thank you in advance.
Caersws, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Staying was a pleasant experience ( for me anyway!) . The room comfortable for a couple, but daughter complained the sofa bed was one of the worst she had encountered! It has a modern, clean feel and the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was OK, but I do really like fresh tasty coffee in the morning, rather than a dispensing machine. All in all, very good value I think.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments here on Tripadvisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. Would you be so kind to get in touch with me and let me know which room number you were in so we can sort out the sofabed? My e-mail address is: deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk.
Thank you very much in advance.
Swansea
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed recently for one night prior to a next day flight. The hotel is clean and comfortable and ideal for a quick getaway from the airport. On site parking provided with the option to leave your car whilst away for a charge. Cannot fault it for value and convenience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ABJJ1
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport. Your comments are valued and please be assured I will share them with our team. I am very glad that everything was to your liking and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Deputy GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Tadross Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!