Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
US$82
PremierInn.com
US$60
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel(Wenvoe)(Great Value!)
US$83
PremierInn.com
The West House(Llantwit Major)
US$128
US$130
US$123
The Bear Hotel(Cowbridge)
US$185
US$175
The Manor House Hotel(Penarth)(Great Value!)
US$87
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Good Clean accomodation in budget style,stayed before & after a recent holiday extremly good value.Very friendly staff,rate includes a fairly good selection for a warm breakfast to see you on your journey.

Room Tip: If using Car Parking package book your journey night before to the Airport,on a fine day easy walk to the Airport.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlynnWales
Holiday Inn Exp... M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. Hope you had a nice holiday.

Its a pleasure to know that our guests appreciate our efforts and it goes a long way in motivating the team. We do pride oursleves on the product that we offer and reviews such as yours ensure that we are heading into the right direction.

I look forward to welcoming you again in my hotel.

Best Regards

Prashant Vaid

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Freindly Staff very convenient for airport stop over. Continental breakfast for early risers going off on holiday a added bonus lovely cuppa and some toast. bit away from anywhere if fancy meal out in evening but hotel does a limited but adequate bar menu to save venturing to far. Good tranfers to airport and train station. Definately stay again in future for conveniance.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your comments here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have found Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport convenient for an airport stop over and that all services we offer at the hotel were to your satisfaction. I am happy we will be your hotel of choice for your next stay in the area and the whole team wishes you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed here for one night, and have to say for what we paid £49.95 for a double room it was pretty good. Initially, due to an error on my part we were given a room with disabled access. It did not suit us, as neither of us are disabled. When I went to see the receptionist to explain and request another room, she was more than helpful, and gave us a different room along the corridor. It was more than adequate for the money we paid. Very clean, bright, good bathroom, TV, tea and coffee and a comfortable bed. So we were very happy with what we had. We found the staff to be friendly enough too, we had no complaints in this area either.
Sat in the bar area in the evening and had a couple of drinks and a meal. No it's not gourmet cooking, but it was quite nice, and averaged about £8.95 per meal. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and sausages, breads, cakes, cereal, fruit and yogurt, juices and tea and coffee. Again more than adequate for the price we had paid. We have stayed here often as it is so convenient for the airport, and for an extra fee you can leave your car here for the week if you want. We will stay again for this very reason, and can recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. It's always nice to receive positive feedback and I am very glad you have again enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your loyality and that we are your hotel of choice when you come to the area. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the whole team and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future. The whole team would like to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We were flying from Cardiff Airport the next morning. We got here by public transport - took the train to Rhoose Railway Station then the connecting bus (which meets the train) to the airport. Once at the airport we called the hotel on my mobile and they came over and picked us up.

The guy who checked us in (who I think was called Carl) was delightful. He was keen to make sure we felt welcome and comfortable and was forthcoming with loads of information. I would not refer to any other member of staff we encountered as delightful, in fact they all wondered around looking miserable and displaying the minimum of courtesy possible.

The room was adequate and we slept well. Food was uninspiring and overpriced.

The bus to the airport in the morning only runs hourly, with 6 seats per journey, and needs to be pre-booked the night before. 5 minute journey, if that. I would stay at the hotel again but only in relation to an early/late flight at Cardiff Airport. The misery of the majority of the staff here would put me off returning otherwise.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments here on Tripadvisor. Would it be possible to get in touch with myself to let me know when excactly you have stayed with us so I can investigate who has been on shift? My e-mail adress is: deputy@exhicardiffairport.co,uk. I am glad that you have brought to our attention that some of the members of staff have not been as pleasant as they are suppose to be and it is very important for me to find out who these members of staff were to ensure that if you are staying with us again that you will receive the service you should get.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Half of the breakfast items were not available on either morning I was unfortuanate enough to be staying here. Perhaps a blessing in disguise as the ones available were cold and stale. If you have children expect to be treated with contempt by some members of staff who don't particularly want to be bothered to serve you. Customer service at the hotel is non existent. Overall this hotel makes a 1 star seem plush.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hart1304
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Dear Hart1304,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry to hear that the service you received was unacceptable. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Irish V.