“Great value”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Windsor, Canada
“Great value”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Convenient hotel for airport minutes away.
Room comfortable, with 2 types of pillow.
Temperature in room perfect.
Shower and bathroom roomy.
Meals and beverages available for a charge.
WiFi available, but beware 4 hours means 4 consecutive hours, so we were out of luck the next morning when we went to check our outgoing flight from UK, and we probably had 2 1/2 hours left. We paid 3 pound 50 for 4 hours.
Breakfast included, a pleasant surprise with eggs, sausage, Danish selection, variety of breads, juices, jams, marmalades and even individual Marmites. Was really impressed.
Shuttle to airport 20 minutes late and already front desk was concerned and had come out to see us by the front doors, but it came and had been delayed at a level crossing.
Would recommend this hotel for good access to airport.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience refarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all the facilities were to your satisfaction. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Jessica Gresens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We booked a single night in this hotel as it was close to the airport and we weren't landing from our holiday until midnight. Thought it would be a good idea to rest for the night rather then try to drive home. Booked on line several weeks before and then rang the Hotel to make sure we would be able to book in at such a late hour. Booking was easy and our telephone call was taken by a very efficient and helpful young lady.

Found a very helpful lady at Reception on arrival. Our room was clean with coffee and tea facilities and a well appointed shower room.

We were surprised to find that breakfast was included in the price. There was a good selection on offer, cooked and continental breakfast.

Again when we signed out both Receptionists were friendly and efficient.

We did not know that we could have left our car here whilst on holiday instead of parking on the airport, but will certainly remember next time.

We had used another hotel near the airport last time we flew, which was very unsatisfactory and so finding this one was a pleasant surprise. Will certainly use it again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank retired35
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review here on tripadvisor. I am very glad to hear that everything from booking the room to staying and enjoying our complimentary has been hassle free and to your satisfaction. I am sure my staff will be thrilled to read your comments regarding efficiency and friendliness. I am glad that you will consider us for your next holidays and parking you will be able to find our park stay and go packages on our website or you can call us directly to reserve your next reservation with us. Thank you again for your kind words.

Kind regards,

St Davids, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Arrived quite late on a Thursday evening somewhat dis-rivaled from a long journey. Made very welcome and helped with all the small problems with traveling to and from the hotel.
I had an early rise in the morning and they insured I was feed watered and ready for the next day prior to leaving.
Business travel can be quite fraught at times but people like Brenda and Michael make the experience bearable by their professionalism over and above their job description.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I have shared the comments with Brenda and Michael and they are both thrilled and proud that you have recognised their profesionalism and welcoming manor. I am very glad to get comments like yours pointing out individuals and I would like to thank you very much for it. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This would be the third visit in that many years. Has it improved? I would say so. Pleasant timely check in. The hotel is spotless, always spic and span. My room, again spotless, bed comfy, but to low to the ground, somewhat ricketty. Amazing TV, large and clear. Good bathroom, excellent shower. Good sleeps, quiet. I found the staff top notch, no complaints at all.
The bar and eatery, fairly decent, I had read on other TA reviews, though I had not experienced it myself, problems with heated up food. Being a quiet night I asked the very pleasant German lady working that night, "what's cooked fresh?" The hamburger, so that's what I had, with chips, .. verdict? delicious! Very decent price.
Breakfast in the morning, OK, there's a lot worse.
Will there be a 4th time, you bet, it's a good place at a good price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor. I am thrilled about your comments and please be assured I will share your review with the whole team. I am very glad that you have seen improvements year on year and hopefully you will see even more the next time you are staying with us. It is always very motivating to receive comments like yours as it strengthens the whole team and I am sure it will motivate them to even go further in the future. I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you for your loyality and I am looking forward to welocme you back in the futute.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I booked a short stay here thinking that it was an ideal location for my wife and myself when we were visiting South Wales, and the location was quite good.
The hotel itself was a bit of a let down. The rooms were clean and tidy, but the food was just about adequate.
Breakfast was served from very early in the morning, and if you went for breakfast at about 8;00 or 8:30, the food tasted as though it had been in the hotplate for several hours.
The first night we decided to have our evening meal there and the service left rather a lot ot be desired. The barman seemed to be activly finding other customers to serve rather than take my order, and when the food arrived it wan't anything special.
The customer who ordered his meal after I did wasn't served until we had almost finished our meals.
For the remainder of our break we ate our evening meals at other places.

If you need a hotel close to Cardiff Airport then this is OK, but for any other reason, I would recommend looking elswhere.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your comments here on tripadvisor. Would you be so kind to get in touch with me via e-mail under deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk to inform me when you have stayed with us. Thank you very much in advance.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Hotel within walking distance from airport, friendly staff at check in told us that we were on ground floor and asked if that was ok if we wanted a higher floor to let them know. The room was very clean, beds comfortable, friends had recomended Blue Anchor Inn dating back to 1380 for dinner, we took a taxi about 15-20 mins from hotel cost £10.00 each way, very quaint and well worh a visit the food was very good. After returning to hotel we had an early night and were not disturbed by any noise. The breakfast next day was fine, perfectly edible. Check out usually 12.00 but we were going exploring and they offered a later check out at 2.00 at no extra charge and after that time they offered to look after our cases until we came back later in the evening.

There was a bus service outside the hotel that ran every hour and dropped off at the train station 5 mins away for the train to go into Cardiff Shopping Centre about 20 mins on the train, easy got off the bus and a few minutes later the train arrived same again on the way back.
Lovely shopping centre in Cardiff.

Had a nice trip the Welsh are so helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank katemul9x
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience her on tripadvisor. I am glad that you found our hotel staff friendly and helpful. i am very happy that your room was clean, to your liking and that you have not been disturbed during the night in a ground floor room. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Belfast
Reviewed 5 February 2013

5 of us over for Rugby. Friendly helpful staff, spotless rooms, highly recommend. Breakfast fine.. Only gripe I suppose was as residents we couldn get a pint before 11 am on the Sunday but wasnt ideal for hungover rugby boys

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank FlycastBelfast
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your kind words here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and all facilities were to your satisfaction. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future and please be assured that I will share your comments with our staff in the hotel.

Deputy GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel
Travelodge Cardiff Airport
The Mount Rooms
The Mount Rooms
#4 of 5 in Barry
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Aberthaw House Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!