“OK FOR OVERNIGHT STAY”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed overnight July 1st,for a very early morning flight.Check in easy,although man checking us in could have done with some welcoming guest lessons.The room was basic,but adequate for our needs,and very clean.Loved the space saving idea,where the door for bathroom was also door for loo.Had a meal which was very tasty,hot and reasonably priced.Transfer next morning quick and efficient.Would definitely use hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor overlooking runway,no noise at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth H
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you very much for your kind words here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities have been to your satisfaction. Would you be so kind to get in touch with me to let me know when excactly you have stayed with us so I can have a word with gentleman who checked you in? Please send an e-mail to deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk. Thank you very much in advance.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Last minute booking pre an early morning flight. Clean with good facilities and helpful staff. You can walk to the terminal if you want but a shuttle bus runs every hour. I would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel. I don't know what the long term parking options are but would certainly stay here again. Caveat: But if I can avoid ever using Cardiff airport again in its current state I will. The Airport remains inefficient and you are high risk of losing your luggage if using KLM. (3 of us lost bags on my last flight and 8 of us on the flight before).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bachgyn123
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice commetns here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction, I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future and I jhope you will see an improvement in the service offered at Cardiff Airport. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family.

Deputy Gm

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Located right opposite the cardiff airport, beds not too comfortable but no one is ever going to stay here more than 1 night. Continental buffet style breakfast is included. Staff were friendly. We were 2 adults and 2 under 11 children, with a wheelchair, the free shuttle to the departure entrance was great, the return journey was not so great as the shuttle didnt pick us up after an hour waiting. We walked in the end, not easy with wheelchair and cases and kids.

PROS - very close to airport entrance, less than 2 minutes in car, 10 minutes walk.
- inclusive buffet continental style breakfast
- friendly staff

CONS - Bed very hard and not comfortable
- return pickup is a bit hit and miss, would recommend a meet and greet option instead

1  Thank Nigel R

Dear Nigel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I am glad that your stay including breakfast and transport to the airport have been to your satisfaction. I am quite surprised about the comment regarding your return journey. Would it be possible to send me an e-mail with the date and the time when you needed to be picked up from the airport? It would be great if you could e-mail these details to deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk. Thank you very much in advance.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the holiday inn express, it is clean, comfortable and good value although if we had booked 3 day before it would have been cheeper still.

As a pilot and having landed at Cardiff before i thought it would be good if we had a view overlooking the airport, on our last visit we were advised to ask when booking and sure enough they obliged.

The room was more that ample, the shower one of the best i have experienced in some time and breakfast thrown in too.

Will no doubt be back again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilderness_963
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Sir,

First of all thank you very much for your loyality and for using the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport for your accomodation needs whenever you are in the area. I am glad that you are enjoying your stays with us and that you find the hotel to be good value for money . i hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This Hotel is very well managed and offers first class service. Very helpful and polite staff. very reliable shuttle to the airport. Considering this hotel is next doo to the airport you are not disturbed by aircraft noise. Would stay again.

1  Thank RomeoCalne

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have found the hotel first class. well managed and that the staff have been helpful and polite. I am very happy to read that you would stay with us again and I can say we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We originally booked to stay over the new year for 3 rooms for 3 nights. But my dad died suddenly and the hotel arranged to keep our booking open for 12 months as they didn't give refunds. So we arranged to go from 28th June to 1st July instead.

When we arrived we were allocated 3 smoking rooms, all of us are non smokers and my mother in law has asthma. But as the older man who checked us in on reception said they were fully booked we thought we'd see how bad it was. As soon as the lift opened on the 3rd floor the stench of smoke was terrible, there was no way we could sleep there. My husband went back down to reception and spoke to a younger man who was very helpful and we were given rooms on the 1st floor.

My mother and mother in law were given 124 and 125 and we were given 127. There was no problem with their rooms but our room 127 was not so good. The hand basin in the bathroom was badly cracked and the fire escape notice on the door had been ripped off, thought that was a health and safety law. Anyway we were fed up at this point, so stuck with the room.

We were told that breakfast was served 4 till 10 and as there was no information pack in the room, we thought this was for the 3 mornings. And way and behold the 3rd morning they started taking the breakfast away at 9.30, when I asked the older man he barked breakfast finishes at 9.30,ever get the feeling some people are in the wrong job? When we checked out, this time a young girl was adamant we owed money because of the difference in price. But when my husband rearranged the dates he was told there would be no extra charge for those dates. Strange this hotel needs tips off the Golders Green holiday inn express, we had no trouble there when we had to rearrange.We are still waiting for them to phone us back.

All in, I gave a average because the younger man behind reception couldn't do enough for you and was very friendly, but was let down by the rude older man and the young girl. The young girl who cleaned the rooms was very good too. It's a shame but I won't be staying here again, found the travelodge just down the road much more friendly.

Room Tip: Don't have room 127 as still have a cut on my hand from the handbasin.
1  Thank lillym73

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor, I am sorry that your stay has not been to your full satsifaction. I apologize that the transfers of your three rooms has not been as hassle free as hoped but I can ensure you that everything has been sorted out. I am sure if you would stay with us again we would be able to show you our great customer service skills so I hope you will maybe in the futuregive us another chance if you do so please get in touch with me directly under deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk. thank you very much in advance.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

It`s about 20mins drive away from Cardiff centre or bay and adjuscent to Cardiff airport,

Hotel is fine, looks like new, kept very clean & free parking wasnt an issue here,
Room was bright with a view of the sea & part of the runway, AC worked well altough a bit noisy, Room also was kept very clean Bathroom included, All the room amneties was in good working order.

Staff is super friendly, breakfast was good but maybe the selection can be a bit bigger.
The public laundry/ironing room, the vending machine along with the ice machine & the microwave usage for all the guest was a super plus touch...

Altough a bit away from Cardiff itself it shouldnt be a problem for anyone arriving with a car.
A regular bus that goes to Rhoose stop just infront of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario A

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Holiday Inn Express Newport
The Bear Hotel
The Bear Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cowbridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!