Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
  • Bar/Lounge
Orbitz.com
US$60
  • Breakfast included
The West House(Llantwit Major)
US$128
US$134
US$120
The Bear Hotel(Cowbridge)
US$185
US$176
Travelocity
Travelocity
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
Reviewed 9 September 2013

hello all just had a cracking break we stayed at holiday inn Cardiff airport we arr on the Wednesday 4th sept to the 9th sept am not as mobile ie with walking had a fall in the room on Wednesday soon as we got to the room my wife went down to see if some 1 could help me getting up and 3 men came up to the room to help me i would like to say thank you to them for helping me all the staff were great made us feel at home the hotel is very close to the airport if it was closer it be on the runway i must say we didt hear any planes at all from the room so didt loose any sleep at all the all so have a restaurant in the hotel which was cheap and we were very happy with the food we even took my mum and dad to the hotel and they really enjoyed there stay like us it was are 1st time staying here and we will be back again next time we come down the all so have a little gym with treadmill and bike machine but as i would like to say big thanks to all the staff at the holiday inn Cardiff airport from the hodge family from Liverpool and Sammy the dog

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mark h
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on Tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities offered have been to your satisfaction. Please be assured that I will send your thank yous to the staff member's involved helping you in the room.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I use this hotel five or six times a year. We can rely on the quality of accommodation and the helpfulness of the staff. They are always cheerful, even at four in the morning when they provide breakfast and a shuttle bus service to the airport

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Liz N

Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for your loyality and for chossing us for your accomodations needs whenever you are in the area.

I am very happy that all staff members are delievering a consistent excellent service and are always helpful and cheerfull.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you soon

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here on August 25th for 1 night and cant speak highly enough of the hotel and its staff. The hotel was very clean and had the added benefit of a play station, wii and a free play air hockey table to keep our children amused. Didn't sample the evening meal so cant comment on that but the early morning breakfast was good prior to our flight to Turkey. The Airport shuttle was quick and efficient and was actually cheaper to stay here than leave our car at the front car park at the airport for our holiday....We will definitely do this again next year!!!!! Many thanks Holiday Inn express

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan H

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them here on tripadvisor.
I am so happy to read that you have had a hassle free stay and that all facilities offered to you have been to your satisfaction.
I am sure the staff will be thrilled to read your comments and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were looking for weekend family accommodation with easy access to central Cardiff, but we started looking with 4 days to go and there was limited hotel availability and prices were high. The Holiday Inn Express at Cardiff Airport seemed surprisingly cheap compared with other options, had availability, and for some reason was only coming up on one or two of the Hotel finder web sites that we tried.

We arrived about 8.30pm on a Friday night and were a bit concerned that the very large car park (free to guests) appeared full, but a space became available after a couple of minutes. Looking in the car park on the following two nights there were more spaces, so late Friday may just be a bad time.

When we got to our room we found it was a smoking room, Checking our booking there was no mention of smoking or non-smoking so we could not complain that much when the front desk could not move us to a non-smoking room (apparently none were available).The room had been made up with a double bed and a large double sofa bed which met our purposes. The room was clean and functional with TV, air conditioning , coffee making facilities etc.

Although we were not flying anywhere we walked to the airport to see what was there and it was only a few minutes walk away.

To travel to central Cardiff we caught a bus. There is a fast bus that goes every hour, but we ended up catching a (much cheaper) normal bus that only took 30mins into the centre (but runs less frequently), Train would also have been an option. There is a bus stop very close to the hotel, but on the journey back the bus does not go past that bus stop - so you need to get off at the airport and walk. We did not realise this and went on one stop too far but it was still only a few minutes walk back.

Buffet Breakfast in the hotel was very good. I have stayed in hotels with bigger selections and more fancy options, but the breakfast here did the job. Cooked breakfast was: sausage, beans and scrambled egg, and there were plenty of other options such as croissants, cereal etc.

Bar is open until 2.00am with TV and pool table in large bar area adjoining reception area.

No problems with noise while I was there - staff were very friendly.

Hotel is also only a few miles from Barry island if you want to spend time at the beach.

We were there for an event in Cardiff and did not spend that much time at the hotel, but for our purposes it was very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WelwynTraveller

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. Firstly I would like to apologize that you had to stay in a smoking room but as you have stated in your comment no preferences were given. Please book directly with us in the future so we can make sure that you are able to get the room you would like to have.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy Cardiff and its surroundings.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My friend and I spent a couple of nights at this hotel and received excellent service from all the staff from the moment we arrived to when we checked out. There is a bus service from Rhoose station to the airport that stops at the hotel and on the second day we missed the bus to go to the station so the duty manager (Jessica) kindly arranged for a member of staff to take us there in the hotel's mini van which we really appreciated because we would've had to wait about an hour for the next one. We forgot to ask the driver his name but we want to say "thank you" because you took us to the station and was friendly and cheerful. We wanted to make the most of our time there and the staff were very helpful giving us information about transport services and booking taxis when we needed them.

We booked a twin room and really liked it. It was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was included and there was a good variety to choose from. The first evening I ordered the chicken wings from the dinner menu which were ok and my friend ordered the fishcakes but that was quite soggy/wet inside. It gave us the impression that they'd bought it from Iceland and then fried it - it certainly wasn't homemade. The only downside for me (but it didn't spoil my stay) was the charge for internet access (especially as the time paid for continues to tick away once the access code has been activated so if you don't use all the time you've paid for then you've wasted your money). I see no reason why hotels can't just add a couple of extra pounds (if they must!) to the cost of the room. Like most guests, I'd like to feel as though I was getting internet free even though I know I'm still paying for it but I'd rather not have a separate charge for it.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would't hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay and you appreciated that the the staff went the extra mile for you during your stay. I will send your " Thank you " to driver who drove you to the station and I am sure he will be thrilled to hear from you.

The meal your friend had were our Haddock and Mozzarella fish which are very popular with our guests. They are filled with Mozzarella which would explain the wetness of the cake. I am very sorry that it wasn't to your liking but I can assure you it was not purchased at Iceland.

Since the 1st September we offer our guests free Wifi in the rooms, lobby and restaurant. So hopefully when you visit us the next time you will benefit from this.

Thank you again for the lovely review.