Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
US$88
PremierInn.com
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel(Wenvoe)(Great Value!)
US$90
PremierInn.com
The West House(Llantwit Major)
US$156
The Bear Hotel(Cowbridge)
US$161
Priceline
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights with thirty plus assorted relatives and friends for my son's wedding at Fonmon Castle. Prior to arranging a block booking we had visited several hotels in the area and were impressed by the cleanliness. It's a HIE so you get what it says on the tin, what made it stand out was the helpful and friendly attitude from everyone we came into contact with from first visit right through to the block booking and the actual stay. Everything ran smoothly and to plan. We also arranged to have a hot buffet on the Friday night and this worked out really well. All the staff on duty were great. Special thanks to the guys on reception/bar duty on Friday as they were kept busy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to accommodate a large group

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay here oin tripadvisor.
I am very happy that you and your guest have enjoyed yourselves staying with us and everything ran smoothly and to plan. I am so glad that we were able to contribute to a lovely wedding weekend and that all members of staff made you feel welcomed and were helpful in fullfilling your needs.
Thank you again for your nice comments and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have stayed here several times. On this occasion with my daughter before catching an early flight the next day. As usual the staff are helpful, polite and courteous. There is an option for smoking rooms which is exceptionally good and the room had a plug in air freshner to remove the stale tobacco smell. The rooms are clean and comfortable, beds comfortably soft, but pillows could do with replacing. Nice selection of meals, and what we had was really tasty. Excellent selection for early breakfast, all fresh, with hot and cold items. Had the shuttle over to the airport and parked the car at the hotel. I will no doubt return again and again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam

First of all thank you very much for your loyalty and for using the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport for your accomodation needs whenever you are in the area.
I am so happy to read that all facilities and services have been to your full satsifaction and that the staff is consistently helpful, polite and couteous.
I am very glad that we will be able to welcome you in the future and I hope your next stay will be as hassle free as the previous ones.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My granddaughter and myself had an over night say here before our early flight.
Staff are helpful.
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
Large TV and WIFI
Had evening meal and a drink in lounge/dinning area. Not a large choice of meals but very nice.
Was picked up by mini bus for our flight no problems every thing went smoothly.
You have to book your lift to the airport when you book in.

Will use again when travelling from Cardiff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words here on tripadvisior.
I am very happy that you and your granddaughter have enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to send you stress free and relaxed into your holidays.We have recently changed our dinner menu so I hope you will find a greater variety of items on the menu the next time you are staying with us.
Thank you for making us the hotel of choice the next time you are starting your holidays from Cardiff Airport. The whole team is looking forward toi welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I parked my car here for a week whilst I went on holiday,they mind the car for a week and shuttle you to and from the airport which is 2 minutes away, food in the restaurant is lovely and breakfast the next day is included and nice selection rooms are also nice got Back from my holiday picked the phone up in 2 minutes they were there and took us to our car very impressed

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Garethwilliam

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
I am very happy that we succeeded to deliever a hassle free stay for you and that all facilities and services offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

third time I have stayed. Very clean. Like the fact there is shower gel and shampoo as it minimises what you need to bring toiletries wise. Like the fact that the door arrangement in the shower allows you privacy when using the loo. Small smell of fresh paint in corridor as they were doing some maintenance...but nothing in the room. Had an evening meal . Was warned they may be an hour wait as they were really busy , but it came in 20 minutes. Had Salmon salad with garlic bread and honey and mustard dressing - delicious ! Had a glass of Merlot and it tasted fab. Bed springs on bed in room 120 could be felt ...perhaps it is time the mattress was changed ? Shame as beds are usually very very comfortable ! Breakfast was typical ...plenty of variety. Lovely helpful staff - one remembered me ...but we do share the same surname ! Conference room booked by work ...excellent facility with on tap tea/ coffee.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DanMaskell

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have found the hotel to be very clean and the staff to be helpful and lovely and were able to accomodate your needs.
We are in the process of painting all rooms and public areas and we will look into the issues with the bed in room 120.
I am really happy that all services offered have been to your satisfaction and I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.