“Really Impressed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really Impressed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before and night after a holiday from Cardiff airport. I expected a basic service considering it is an airport hotel, but it thoroughly exceeded expectations on cleanliness, comfort, food and definitely service.

The rooms were much more than double glazed so we were not disturbed by the airport despite being nice and close. The rooms were fairly spacious and clean.

The food at breakfast time was amazing with lots of choice. The included buffet started at 4am with the addition of hot food from 6am.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The courtesy bus doesn't run too frequently to the airport before 7am and on return it only shuttles once an hour but the hotel lay on a complimentary taxi service if you don't fit in with the bus times. Check out is generous being midday.

I would go as far as to recommend this hotel for people needing to stay in this area and not using the airport as it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
It fills me with pride to read your experience and I am sure the team will think the same. I am so happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been to our highest standard and that we were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your stay.
Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Deputy GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Paphos, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Have stayed at this holiday inn several times it's excellent for the airport and central without being right in the middle of Cardiff for everything. Rooms comfortable with everything you need. I've stayed recently for a week and would definitely recommend.
Breakfast is varied with selection of both hot and cold. Evening meals served till 21.30 and have vastly improved over the last year or so. So after a long business day or leisure day everything you need without having to drive.
As a singer business lady staying there I feel safe which to me is very important.
Staff very warm and welcoming
And free wifi

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for posting another review regarding your stays at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
I am very happy that you have seen an improvement in our F&B department over the last year and I am very glad that we can provide you with everything you need while you are staying with us.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

we park the car hear. then went on holiday that day free drop off at cardiff airport 2min away when we arrive back at 00-30 phone 10min pickup and back to stay the night.check in was quick the room was quite the power shower was good. breakfast basic but good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your high scores and comments.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport and that you have received excellent service and a hassle free stay.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Carmarthen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed here many times when flying out of Cardiff. This time we parked and stayed over on our return. Unfortunately on our arrival -Wed 16 October approx. 11am- the young boy on reception gave us & two other travellers the wrong information on getting the bus to the airport & then was quite rude to all of us, he and the female on duty at that time need a lesson in Customer service. However on our return -Thurs 24 October 2am- transport back to hotel was perfect, the gentleman on reception was excellent the room was clean and comfortable as always & we will use this venue again

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments here on tripadvisor.
Would you be so kind to get in touch with me with a description of the two members of staff as I had four members of staff working on that day and if you could let me know in depth what was said.
I would be very grateful if you could send it to deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk so I can investigate what happened.
I am glad that you will use us again in the future.
Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped over night for the rugby. Staff were very helpful and multi task the reception and bar.
Rooms were modern, clean and perfect for a good overnight stay.
Even though you are right next to the airport you cannot hear a single plane! Super thick double glazing!
Breakfast was very basic but did the job for what we needed. Parking is free and there are bus stops right outside the hotel. Highly recommend the Cardiff Express bus into city centre!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank avd-04
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments and high scores.
I am very happy to read that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction and that the staff were helpfull and friendly.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Leigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a full week due to work and it was very handy location wise.
The check in was quick and the service was very good by friendly staff.
The room was rather basic to be honest, although the TV was much larger than most hotels my company puts me in...and the power shower was also welcome.

The menu wasn't brilliant, and the food wasn't either. I tried 3 different meals over the week and decided to order Chinese on the 4th night...!

All in all, it wasn't too bad and I can see it being very good if also using the airport as the shuttle buses drop you door to door.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I would like to take this oppurtunity to apologize that the meals you have had were not to your satisfaction. Would you be so kind to get in touch with me under deputy@exhicardiffairport.co.uk to discuss which issues you have had with the evening meals.
Thank you very much in advance.
Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Brief visit in that area for family and business reasons. Very large large car park. Quiet rooms. The free weak internet reception was intermittent. Faster stronger internet was expensive to me, approx. £7 per day I believe. Should be free these days. Would definitely stay next time in this area. Good breakfast but evening meals seemed quite expensive but I chose not to eat here so quality and quantity were untried.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook landing strip although excellent soundproofing means no disturbance from noise.