Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
US$76
PremierInn.com
US$61
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel(Wenvoe)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
The West House(Llantwit Major)
US$150
US$114
US$99
The Bear Hotel(Cowbridge)
US$186
US$177
TripAdvisor
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Every member of staff so friendly ,,,,, check in , check out, bar staff, shuttle bus driver, ,, check in most welcoming I've ever experienced this year ,,, location could not be better for airport ,, shuttle to airport efficient. ,,, very convient airport bus from Cardiff Central bus station , stops at bottom of drive,,,
Room everything you could want , comfortable bed, hot shower, quality linen , quiet, great price

Very early morning call , again rang fifteen minutes after original call , just In case went back to sleep ,,,,did not ask for it , but, very thoughtful of staff.... Like it..

Room Tip: Catch the airport bus from Cardiff Central bus station ,,,,ideal ,,,,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thaitravellers
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your very kind word here on tripadvisor.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport Staff were able to make you feel welcomed and relaxed.
It always nice to get positive feedback and please be asured that your comments will get shared with the whole team.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is right at the airport but there is excellent soundproofing - we had a great view of the runway but kept missing planes as we couldn't hear them!
It is a functional hotel with all the usual commodities, and was clean, comfortable and warm. The staff were lovely and very helpful - my hairdryer was smoking and by the time I returned from breakfast, a new one was in place!
Breakfast was fine - cereals, fruit, selection of drinks, some hot food and pastries - with plenty to set you up for the day.]
We stayed here as a hotel in Cardiff centre would've been twice the price. It was easy to drive in to Cardiff, about 10 mins away, and was handy for Barry Island too.
Will definitely be back should we visit Cardiff again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your exoperience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities and services offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Carl u are a star sorted our room out swiftly and remembered us from previous visits
Room is spacious
Couple of issues a lot of hair on bathroom floor bedroom had cake wrappers behind the phone and crumbs on the floor notepad looked like it had been in the rain
But it is only minor things we will b returning as it is so friendly and cannot fault anything else

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisior.
Firstly I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for your high scores despite the fact that you have experienced issues with the cleanliness of your room. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issues and be assured that I will investigate the issue further.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for your understanding.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before and night after a holiday from Cardiff airport. I expected a basic service considering it is an airport hotel, but it thoroughly exceeded expectations on cleanliness, comfort, food and definitely service.

The rooms were much more than double glazed so we were not disturbed by the airport despite being nice and close. The rooms were fairly spacious and clean.

The food at breakfast time was amazing with lots of choice. The included buffet started at 4am with the addition of hot food from 6am.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The courtesy bus doesn't run too frequently to the airport before 7am and on return it only shuttles once an hour but the hotel lay on a complimentary taxi service if you don't fit in with the bus times. Check out is generous being midday.

I would go as far as to recommend this hotel for people needing to stay in this area and not using the airport as it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
It fills me with pride to read your experience and I am sure the team will think the same. I am so happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been to our highest standard and that we were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your stay.
Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Have stayed at this holiday inn several times it's excellent for the airport and central without being right in the middle of Cardiff for everything. Rooms comfortable with everything you need. I've stayed recently for a week and would definitely recommend.
Breakfast is varied with selection of both hot and cold. Evening meals served till 21.30 and have vastly improved over the last year or so. So after a long business day or leisure day everything you need without having to drive.
As a singer business lady staying there I feel safe which to me is very important.
Staff very warm and welcoming
And free wifi

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for posting another review regarding your stays at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
I am very happy that you have seen an improvement in our F&B department over the last year and I am very glad that we can provide you with everything you need while you are staying with us.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon