“Great Again”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Second stay this year, excellent again, staff helpful as ever, sent out for indian meal, able to eat it no problem in the eating area, no problem with transportation to and from hotel to airport. Not much difference to price of car parking and car parking and staying overnight, complimentary breakfast a bonus. Back in February if able to get flights in Cardiff.

Room Tip: All rooms are sound proof cant hear no noise from airport, doesnt really matter have stayed on groun...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport for your accomodation needs whenever you are flying out from Cardiff Airport.
I am very happy that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction and that all services offered have been hassle free.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in February and I hope your next stay will be as good as the previous ones.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The room was nice & clean, sleep quality was excellent, the menu in the restaurant is very limited but the meal I had was good, breakfast was disapointing as there is not much on offer but it is a nice hotel and perfect for the airport

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Danermag

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your comments here on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found the room to be nice and clean and that the sleep quality was excellent.
I am surprised about your comments regrding the breakfast as we do offer a wide range of items on our complimentary breakfast buffet. I am very sorry that you have found that there was not a lot on offer.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel for one night, prior to a trip to Lanzarote. The staff are very friendly at the hotel, and the the sleep quality in the bedrooms was excellent . Had a meal in the bar which was very good. Great for transfers to Cardiff Airport, as it is very close

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have found the staff to be friendly and that the sleep quality has been excellent. I am happy that we were able to deliever a hassle free stay before going on holidays and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Every member of staff so friendly ,,,,, check in , check out, bar staff, shuttle bus driver, ,, check in most welcoming I've ever experienced this year ,,, location could not be better for airport ,, shuttle to airport efficient. ,,, very convient airport bus from Cardiff Central bus station , stops at bottom of drive,,,
Room everything you could want , comfortable bed, hot shower, quality linen , quiet, great price

Very early morning call , again rang fifteen minutes after original call , just In case went back to sleep ,,,,did not ask for it , but, very thoughtful of staff.... Like it..

Room Tip: Catch the airport bus from Cardiff Central bus station ,,,,ideal ,,,,
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thaitravellers
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your very kind word here on tripadvisor.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport Staff were able to make you feel welcomed and relaxed.
It always nice to get positive feedback and please be asured that your comments will get shared with the whole team.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is right at the airport but there is excellent soundproofing - we had a great view of the runway but kept missing planes as we couldn't hear them!
It is a functional hotel with all the usual commodities, and was clean, comfortable and warm. The staff were lovely and very helpful - my hairdryer was smoking and by the time I returned from breakfast, a new one was in place!
Breakfast was fine - cereals, fruit, selection of drinks, some hot food and pastries - with plenty to set you up for the day.]
We stayed here as a hotel in Cardiff centre would've been twice the price. It was easy to drive in to Cardiff, about 10 mins away, and was handy for Barry Island too.
Will definitely be back should we visit Cardiff again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your exoperience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities and services offered have been to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Carl u are a star sorted our room out swiftly and remembered us from previous visits
Room is spacious
Couple of issues a lot of hair on bathroom floor bedroom had cake wrappers behind the phone and crumbs on the floor notepad looked like it had been in the rain
But it is only minor things we will b returning as it is so friendly and cannot fault anything else

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisior.
Firstly I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for your high scores despite the fact that you have experienced issues with the cleanliness of your room. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issues and be assured that I will investigate the issue further.
I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for your understanding.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel the night before and night after a holiday from Cardiff airport. I expected a basic service considering it is an airport hotel, but it thoroughly exceeded expectations on cleanliness, comfort, food and definitely service.

The rooms were much more than double glazed so we were not disturbed by the airport despite being nice and close. The rooms were fairly spacious and clean.

The food at breakfast time was amazing with lots of choice. The included buffet started at 4am with the addition of hot food from 6am.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The courtesy bus doesn't run too frequently to the airport before 7am and on return it only shuttles once an hour but the hotel lay on a complimentary taxi service if you don't fit in with the bus times. Check out is generous being midday.

I would go as far as to recommend this hotel for people needing to stay in this area and not using the airport as it was a really nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport.
It fills me with pride to read your experience and I am sure the team will think the same. I am so happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been to our highest standard and that we were able to make you feel comfortable and relaxed throughout your stay.
Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Tadross Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!