“Ideal choice for Cardiff Airport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Wiltshire, England
“Ideal choice for Cardiff Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the second time we've used this hotel to save us the early (very) morning drive to the airport. The first time we used their parking and transfers. This time we booked through a third party site, as more economical, and used the hotel but parked in the long stay 2 parking area at the airport. This was slightly more inconvenient before the holiday as we had to drive the car to the airport (no real distance) and repark there, but on our return was easier as we didn't have to wait for the hotel shuttle bus. The major disadvantage if you are a IHG Reward Club member is that you get no points booking this way.
The hotel itself is very clean, the room was comfortable and the staff were efficient and friendly. We had to leave at about 5am to go to the airport, but we were pleasantly surprised that breakfast started at 4am. Well done the hotel.
We will certainly stop here again should we have an early flight from Cardiff airport.

Room Tip: As they have smoking and non-smoking rooms, make your request accordingly.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Deputy GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Fishguard, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

stopped here one night march 9th on route to our holidaY IDEAL HOTEL TO FLY FROM AND PARK YOUR CAR also stopped again i night on our return from hols as we live over 100 miles from airport and came in on a late night flight excellent as a stop over plus they put on complementary transport to airport=== breakfast we felt was vastly improved from our last stay here no complaints

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for making us the hotel of choice when flying out from Cardiff Airport.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We stopped at Holiday Inn last weekend as we had tickets for the Wales V Scotland match at the Millennium Stadium. We had tried to get somewhere located in the city centre, but to no avail. I'll be completely honest, I was dubious about stopping at the Holiday Inn. It seemed too far away.
How wrong I was.
We couldn't check in before the match as rooms were still being serviced. However we were able to store our bags safely and receive our key cards. As it was so busy, taxis were a rare commodity, but there was the T20 bus departing from the back of the hotel every 20 minutes, which dropped us right into Cardiff, near our gate for the match and right outsideThe Great Western public house. It was £5 return and we got straight back on the bus at the end of the evening. So location wise, it's excellent!
On the whole, staff were extremely helpful, polite and courteous (particularly Rachel, day duty manager and Carl, night duty manager) I do have an issue with the housekeeping staff. Although the next morning we were up and dressed for a Christening at 10am and very blatantly ready to leave, some of the cleaning staff were rather brusque with us and other members of the family/our party about us exiting the rooms. That's my only gripe. I appreciate it's a tight schedule, but the cleaners did not need to be so sharp with customers who were not holding them up in any way.
Me and my husband had a very decent meal at the hotel on the Saturday night, and breakfast was free and in plentiful supply.
The room was spotless, it was a very quiet and comfortable night. We had access to a laundry room with an iron which came in handy. Also there was free internet access.
I am so pleased we went here, and that my reservations about being too far away were unsubstantiated. We come to Cardiff a lot and we will definitely use Holiday Inn again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Emma-Louise H
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the location has been better then expected.
I am glad that the staff were helpful, polite and courteous and were able to accomodate your needs.
It would be great if you could get in touch with me via e-mail under deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk to discuss the issues you have had with our housekeeping team.
Thank you very much in advance.
SWANSEA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Third time in a year excellent as always, staff helpful, transfers like clockwork, complimetary breakfast a bonus.A great way to start your holiday. Booking to stay and park costs not much more than airparks parking, refreshed and sorry I didnt book on my return flight for another night.

Room Tip: Doesnt matter what floor your on, triple glazing works a treat.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Sir,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for making Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport the hotel of choice when you are in the area.
I am glad that you consistently enjoy your stays with us and that all staff members have been helpful.
i hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very pleasant helpful staff, a comfortable room with wi-fi, en suite and TV and a good selection for breakfast. For pick-up or send-off on flights, it's conveniently only 300 yards from airport. Car parkling at the hotel is a cheaper option than the official airport car park.

2 Thank Harold L
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding you recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight after the Wales vs Scotland game. About 11 miles from the centre of Cardiff, about a 20 minute drive, hotel is situated next to Cardiff Airport.

Booked through Bookings.com and reservation was pre-booked and paid in advance. I use the Glasgow one on business regularly, so know what I am going to get. Good value.

Room was modern and clean, with flat screen TV as a third bed was put up as requested. Plenty of sockets to charge my lads mobile phones.

Bar area was reasonably sized with TVs showing sport. Had a reasonable selection of beers and drinks, but not a huge quantity.

Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare ,a reasonably wide selection of cereals, tinned and fresh fruit, yoghurts, toast, croissants and muffins plus scramble, sausages and beans. No bacon or egg variations- but they don't serve this at Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay at this hotel quite frequently,since it gives me piece of mine that the airport is very close for an early morning flight. The hotel is at its best ferrying guests to and from the airport. very early in the morning, The staff are cheerful even at an early hour. However for the rest of the day you might be invisible for the amount of attention. One morning as I passed through the lobby a member of staff said ' Good morning Sir,' I was so surprised that for a moment I could not reply. Staff seemed to be so busy among themselves , guests seem to be a hindrance. Ask a question and the reply is short and curt, wishing that I had not asked in the first place. Check in is quick and efficient but impersonal., rather similar to the check in at any airport, where I am sure many staff worked at one time. I will be using the hotel again but over the years I know what to expect. My other irritation is that the hotel is close to the main road and the bus stop to and from the city yet it is fenced off and a long detour is necessary via the car park and a roundabout to reach the stop that is only yards from the building itself..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shaggylamb
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thnak you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us here on tripadvisor.
Woud you be so kind to get in touch with me with the dates you have stayed with us so I can further investigate which memebrs of staff were around when you stayed as we normally get comments praising the staffs friednliness. Please send an e-mail to deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk or call me on 01446711117
Deputy GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
The Bear Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#4 of 5 in Barry
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!