Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Greendown Inn Hotel(Saint Georges-super-Ely)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Used the hotel for overnight stay and car parking. Very impressed with the service and cleanliness of this hotel. Room was warm and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and helplful. The pre booked evening meal but selected from a wide menu on night was excellent value for money. Breakfast was self service and plentiful. Shuttle service to airport was excellent ... on return journey we were diverted to Bristol had 5 hr delay in getting to airport no probs with service from hotel, Michael the driver very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for leaving such a lovely comment here on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that we were able to amaze you with our quality and service. Please be assured that I will share your feedback with the team and I am sure they will be thrilled to read such a great comment.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

This is 2nd time I've stayed here.This time I hardly got any sleep due to couple in next room constantly going in and out of room and banging the door and other banging sounds you know the kind I mean aswell as talking loud.When I complained to nightporter he went down and heard no noise. Apart from that all was ok.Room was clean and all the staff were great and breakfast plentiful

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am sorry that you have been disturbed during the night by other customers but we can't always control the behaviour of our guests.
I hope the next time you are staying with us you will have a hassle free stay again. Thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We used this hotel for a park, fly and sleep. As budget hotels go it provides an excellent service. it is clean, quiet and well situated, the staff were very helpful and polite, the hotel provides a good shuttle service to and from the airport with breakfast included.
My only concern was we were allocated a wheelchair friendly room without notice, the facilities in these rooms are a lot lower for obvious reasons and for able body people can be uncomfortable.
We would use this hotel again, but would request a different room.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores here on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I am sorry that you were given an accessible room but sometimes when booking through a third party website these rooms are allocated automatically but we always try to change it if another room type is requested.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the second time we've used this hotel to save us the early (very) morning drive to the airport. The first time we used their parking and transfers. This time we booked through a third party site, as more economical, and used the hotel but parked in the long stay 2 parking area at the airport. This was slightly more inconvenient before the holiday as we had to drive the car to the airport (no real distance) and repark there, but on our return was easier as we didn't have to wait for the hotel shuttle bus. The major disadvantage if you are a IHG Reward Club member is that you get no points booking this way.
The hotel itself is very clean, the room was comfortable and the staff were efficient and friendly. We had to leave at about 5am to go to the airport, but we were pleasantly surprised that breakfast started at 4am. Well done the hotel.
We will certainly stop here again should we have an early flight from Cardiff airport.

Room Tip: As they have smoking and non-smoking rooms, make your request accordingly.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

stopped here one night march 9th on route to our holidaY IDEAL HOTEL TO FLY FROM AND PARK YOUR CAR also stopped again i night on our return from hols as we live over 100 miles from airport and came in on a late night flight excellent as a stop over plus they put on complementary transport to airport=== breakfast we felt was vastly improved from our last stay here no complaints

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for making us the hotel of choice when flying out from Cardiff Airport.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.