Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Greendown Inn Hotel(Saint Georges-super-Ely)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewscardiff airportan early flightstayed herewake up callshuttle servicecar parkingcontinental breakfastan overnight staybeansthe hotel is cleanleave your carbudget hotelthe ground floorfollowing morningbar areaevening mealgood nights sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Tonight the staff had 60 + diners in the bar/restaurant between 730 and 830 and were rushed off their feet. I felt really sorry for them as they really wanted to give good service but couldn't as they were understaffed. They still maintained their professionalism and sense of humour. A million apologies and smiles later the shift was almost over and they were exhausted. They are a credit to the company.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your high scores.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us during our busy period.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the staff and I am sure it will be a motivational tool for them to keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for recommending us and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Jessica

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Booked here for a one night stay and four night car parking. All though basic it is excellent value for money. A clean and welcoming hotel. The staff were helpful especially when the airport transfer bus didn't collect us so a member of staff took us across in one of the company cars. Fantastic location if you are using Cardiff airport

Room Tip: Even though we were over looking the airport we didn't hear anything from the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbnap

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores here on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Easy to find opposite the airport, the staff at reception were fantastic very helpful we paid £89.50 for 1nights accomadation in a modern comfortable room with twin beds, shower room, toilet, tea & coffee, TV, hair dryer everything we needed. There was a pleasent area outside the resturant to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a drink in the afternoon which were well priced, at 1730hrs we sat down in the resturant area and chose from a good selection of starters,mains and sweets. I had the fish, chips and peas and salad garnish which cost £9.99 I think very enjoyable meal, an alarm call at 4am a free breakfast, then on the courtesy bus to the airport. The car is being kept in the car park for 15nights free of charge. We had a room on the ground floor which was great for my wife's elderly parents all in all it was a great success, I must thank the two young ladies at reception for their kindness and help. We would defiantly use this chain again.

Room Tip: We found the ground floor very easy rooms 29 & 30, there are lifts to the higher floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pip207

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience here on TripAdvisor.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I am very glad that you have found the hotel to be clean and comfortable and thank you very much for considering us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Only stay here when working at the airport on a project, but a lovely hotel with friendly staff.
Rooms nice and clean ... good for an overnight stay when flying out of CWL.... I would recommend any day,,,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason S

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I booked for one night - Easter Sunday - for myself and two daughters aged 9&8 prior to a week further along the coast. I wasn't too worried about location in Cardiff I just booked the cheapest available hotel on the comparison websites - £47.

Turns out the location was fantastic. Easy to get to and really close to St Fagan's, Castell Coch and Barry Island. Lots of safe, free parking and a modern looking building right next to the airport - but we didn't hear one plane throughout our stay.

Room was a basic Holiday Inn / Premier Inn / Travelodge type room which was fine but needed a bit of a lick of paint if you were being picky. It was clean and temp control / TV / etc easy to use and worked OK. Kids nicked the really comfy double bed with choice of firm or soft pillows. The pullout bed seemed hard when I stood on certain areas but was fine when I was lying down. We all slept really well.

Bathroom was excellent with a superb shower.

Really good bar / restaurant / seating area - relaxed and informal with large TVs, a pool table and air hockey. There was plenty of choice for the inclusive breakfast - cereals / pastries / fruit / yogurt / muffins / toast / hot drinks / juices etc which also included 3 cooked items - sausages / scrambled eggs and beans. Don't know if those 3 items change from day to day but I was happy and impressed with the breakfast on offer. Similar breakfasts for the 3 of us would have cost £15-£20 so as we only paid £47 in total the value was very good.

Just one thing to consider if you have young children or are a light sleeper - we were put in room 14 which is just a step from the bar / restaurant area. We were pleased with this when we checked in because it wasn't far away, but when the kids went to bed and the TV went off there was a lot of noise coming from the pool table area. Luckily they were tired and didn't notice but if it is not for you then you may want to request a room further away.

All staff were good. Overall, really happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to bar area may be too noisy for some.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank onespeedo
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to thank you for your fantastic review and your high scores.
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and found the price you have paid to be good value for your money.
I really appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast buffet especially pointing out the variety and the price value. The scrambled eggs, sausages and beans are a brand standard and we offer them every day.
I am sorry to hear that the room we have allocated you was too close to the bar and lounge area but please let us know in advance the next time you are staying and we can allocate you a room on our higher floors.
Please be assured that your comments will get shared with all staff members and I am sure it will give them the motivation to carry on delivering excellent customer service.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.