“One stop before our flight to dublin”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed over night before a flight early the next morning. Staff were nice and friendly and the room was clean but really hot because the air conditioning didnt change the temperature of the room, as a result sleep was a struggle. Breakfast was missing the cooked food but what they had out was good. All in all we went expecting an average room and thats exactly what we got. No major issues and nothing exceptional which is all we wanted

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities offered to you have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Jessica

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night with my husband before flying to the Canary Islands the following morning. Right next to the airport so very easy to get to. We didn't hear any planes at all from our room whilst we stayed and the staff were helpful. Our only grumbles are that our bed was very bouncy so it was like trying to sleep on a trampoline and if you had to be up at 5am like we did, having only a few hours sleep prior to traveling was not good. Also, at the time of booking we were informed that we would have a cooked breakfast which was served from 4am. We were looking forward to having a bit of warm food before we caught our plane, however when we went down we were greeted by pastries and cereal not even a slice of toast. It wasn't a good start to our long journey ahead. Such a pity as the Holiday Inn by Cardiff castle is lovely to stay at. In the future when we travel from Cardiff we will stay in the city.

Room Tip: Ask to try the bed out first before you agree to the room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay here on tripadvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
I am very sorry that you have misinformed regarding the breakfast offer but we only offer a continental, complimentary breakfast between 4am and 6am.
Thank you again for your comments and i hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night as meeting friends in Cardiff
Staff very friendly,breakfast basic but still very nice,room lovely bonus wAtching the planes landing and taking off
Have stayed here many times and will be returning very shortly

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed for one night only on the 9th May before travelling to Alacante airport.My husband and I and our disabled granddaughter stayed overnight.The room was very clean,staff were very kind and very welcoming.We experienced a very quiete night there,can't understand how some can say you can hear planes taking off and landing as it's far enough away from the hotel.The breakfast was a bid limited if you want a traditional breakfast,but lots on offer there so you won't go hungry.Would stay there again no problem.Shuttle service was brilliant on time and so pleasant and chatty.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores here on TripAdvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the whole team.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our stay at this hotel was excellent. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly and efficient and it was value for our money. We will stay there again when we next visit our family and friends in South Glavmorgan.

Room Tip: All rooms are accessible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara15M
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share them here on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

For a Holiday Inn, this does what it says on the tin. Nothing to write home about. Bog standard room, in a convenient location, breakfast is mediocre though, even for a holiday inn. Ideal for a single night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your reviw and for sharing your experience.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to cater for your needs.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Jessica Deputy GM

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I booked in at The Holiday Inn Express as it was only marginally more expensive than 8 days car parking fee in long stay and my flight was early morning.
I was pleasantly surprised by the room standard, a comfortable bed and other facilities more than adequate for an overnight stay.
My wife and I had a good, reasonably priced meal at the hotel's restaurant and drinks in the lounge bar. The inclusive breakfast buffet is a nice touch.
The transfer service to and from the airport was on time and takes literally a few minutes.
We will definitely use the hotel again for an early flight out of Cardiff.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar and surprisingly well soundproofed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen W

Dear Madam,

I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
The Mount Rooms
The Mount Rooms
#4 of 5 in Barry
Travelodge Cardiff Airport
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Best Western Heronston Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!