“Welcome stay”

Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here on the spur of the moment for a two day mid-week break. Great location being just a stones throw from the airport and a couple of minutes from Barry. Room was are very clean with an excellent shower. The hotel comes with ample parking and the staff were very pleasant and professional, with good local knowledge and advice on where to visit etc. Breakfast was nice with a reasonable selection. I would have given this hotel five stars but, it was a little off putting to see uniformed police with taser guns eating in the restaurant. Just wondered if a burglary had occurred? All in all a good stay and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed at the back. Very quiet.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience here on TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all facilities and services offered have been to your satisfaction.
I am sorry that you did not like the presence of the police in the breakfast room but we do offer a payable breakfast for non residents.
Thank you again for your comments.
Kind Regard,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed overnight prior to holiday - room was clean and fit for purpose - food left a lot to be desired but outstanding customer service from Carl which was really customer focused. I would definitely use facility again if travelling from cardiff airport just wish food was better.

1  Thank Vixbear

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor.
I am very glad that Carl was able to make you feel welcomed and relaxed and informed you of all the facilities we are offering. It's always nice to receive such lovely comments and please be assured that I will share your comments with all members of staff and I am sure they will be all proud that their efforts have shown.
Thank you again for your comments.

Jessica Deputy GM

Reviewed 2 July 2014

we turned up in Cardiff with nothing booked and we had a lot of trouble finding somewhere to stay outside the city. We asked many people for directions to a hotel and a special thankyou goes to the young lady at the premier inn who directed us to this hotel. We finally found the hotel and the staff were extremely helpful. We managed to get something to eat just as the kitchen was closing, the bar was open till 2am so we could have a drink, and the room, while basic was comfortable and welcoming. The shower was hot, the bed comfy and the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your high scores.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the staff and I am sure it will be a motivational tool for them to keep up the good work.
Jessica

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Exactly what is says on tin!! Great location, very clean, rooms standard HI express and great breakfast. Staff really friendly. Beds a little soft but me just being extra picky all in all a great stay

Room Tip: All rooms the same
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your high scores.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Jessica

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in Aug 2013, we picked this hotel as it was close to the Airport which made it convenient for us. This hotel was clean & tidy we had dinner & breakfast here & both times the food was good, the staff were very friendly as well. The only problem we had was hearing the noisy people across the hall but that can happen at any hotel as we have found on our travels. I would recommend staying here

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday inn Express Cardiff Airport here on TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the team has delivered a great service and you have enjoyed the facilities offered to you.
I very sorry that you have been disturbed by other guests but I do hope that has not spoilt your experience.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.
Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

a really nice hotel....convenient....right next to the airport....not walking distance.bit isolated..but spot on shuttle service.....nice bar.....we didnt have food as we'd eaten earlier in cardiff.service at the bar was excellent....room was immaculate....next time we fly from cardiff...this is where we'll stay the night before...highly recommended!!

Dear Sir,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty and for making the Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport your hotel of choice whenever you are staying in the area.
I am very happy to read that all facilities and services offered have been consistently to your satisfaction and that the staff handled any queries efficiently.
Thank you very much for recommending us to family and friends and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is the 3rd time we have used the Holiday Inn Express near Cardiff Airport and it will not be the last. From the time you check in to time you check out the service and friendliness of the staff is top notch. The rooms are very comfortable and clean and each one we’ve been allocated has had a view of either the airport or the Bristol Channel.
The breakfast is more than acceptable with a basic selection of cereals and cooked items and after that, a quick shuttle bus ride takes you as close to the airport entrance as you can get. You do however have to meet the shuttle at a different point on return which is a nuisance in the rain.
We were lucky to get a room at the Express as we had booked our holiday only weeks before we went and the car park was as full as I had ever seen it. We had to park on the grassy area at the edge of the hotel grounds. So book early if possible.
Using this hotel made a lot of financial sense, being only £10 more than leaving our car at the airport car parks. It also takes a lot of stress out of your journey. We drove leisurely down in the evening and had the time to relax both then and in the morning before our 1pm flight. Being next door to the airport, it also allows you to be among the first at the check-in desk and avoid the long queues.
For what you pay, the service and convenience are outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Deputy GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel Cardiff Airport
Days Inn Bridgend Cardiff M4
Cefn Mably Hotel
Cefn Mably Hotel
#2 of 4 in Penarth

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!