“Clean & friendly”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rhoose
UK
“Clean & friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Used this hotel the night before our early flight so used the 8 day park and fly service. Couldn't fault it. Breakfast served from 4am, mainly cold food but warm croissants etc. minibus to airport on time and very prompt to pick us up on the return. Staff friendly. Would use again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay.
Deputy GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had the displeasure of staying here for a week on a business trip. Room, dated. Television, cefax? Really?. Bathroom, functional. Very clean I have to say. But generally very poor. The walls are paper thin and the lift is painfully slow. I didn't attempt breakfast as I wanted to avoid spending any more time than needed there. It cost a lot from what I can gather. So no value for money . I believe the staff are lovely. I guess I will have to take their word for it as I barely had any contact with them.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am a bit confused about your review as you are not really saying what has been to your satisfaction during your stay as you are stating the room was clean and that you asume that the staff was lovely.
Our breakfast is free of charge so you would have been more than welcome to help yourself every morning.
Would you be so kind to get in touch with me under deputy@hiexcardiffairport.co.uk to explain what was the disatisfaction during your stay?
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as attending a wedding in Llantwit Major along with another 7 couples also at wedding. The hotel is functional, clean, rooms are excellent for purpose of just staying 1 night. Breakfast is good standard for a budget hotel and at £42 a bargain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We recently brought my daughter to Cardiff for her to stay with her friend and booked ourselves 2 nights in the nearby HI at Cardiff airport. I was a little apprehensive about staying at a budget hotel, however there was a limited choice of hotels in this area for the dates that we needed, so booked up non the less

Well, what the hotel lacks in comfort and style, this factor was more than made up for by the fantastic service that the hotel team provided during our stay

Nothing was to much trouble, from Carl/Danielle selecting an appropriate 'quiet room' option and finding us some information on the surrounding area to Daniel organizing and preparing some delicious and hearty options on our first night meal

The room was spacious/clean and we took full advantage of the courtesy ice machine in reception

My only criticism is that the breakfast was quite basic and on the second morning it was cold and the self service area was very messy and needed to be cleaned as it didn't look great

This wasn't enough to ruin our stay by any means and I thank the team for the genuine smiles, kind consideration and customer care that was extended to us and the other hotel guests

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your kind words and your high scores.
I am so glad that we were able to make you stay and that all staff members you came in contact with have been excellent.
Please be assued that I will share your comments with Carl, Danielle and Daniel and I am sure they will be thrilled to read your review.
Thank you very much again and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Bridport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 night prior to going on holiday, It is basic which is what we expected and for what we paid was excellent value. The menu for evening was good, breakfast was limited but again was what we expected. It was quiet considering you could see the runway from our room. if we were flying from Cardiff we would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words and high scores.
I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that all services and facilities offered have been to your satisfaction.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the whole team.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Jessica
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a big wedding do in Barry. Room is quadruple glazed, entirely functional, well equipped, very clean. Excellent power shower. Air conditioning was a bit noisy. Breakfast is basic but fine - except for the coffee, which is horrible. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Don't stay here if you want charm or character, do stay here if you want peace of mind.

Room Tip: All the same!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay here on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy that all facilities we have offered you have been to your satisfaction. My aplogies that you did not like the coffee offered during breakfast.
united kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have stayed at this hotel meny times.when we have an early flight,it is only 1 night but its always very clean and the staff are great,its very quite when you think its next to the airport.You can have a good breakfast from about 3 30 and cooked after 6am what more could you ask for.we are O A P from the Rhondda Valley.

Room Tip: we always have non smokeing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Deputy GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhoose
Celtic International Hotel
Holiday Inn Cardiff City Centre
Tadross Hotel
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport? Share your experiences!