My wife and I were visiting South Wales earlier this week on distressing family business. We booked a night at the Cardiff Airport Holiday Inn Express, as we have done on number of occasions. It is very conveniently located for us, and hitherto has served our few needs well. Few frills, clean, friendly service, fair value.
However, when we arrived at 22:30 on 8 December, rather weary after a long day, things went badly wrong. First we were allocated a room next to the staircase, in which we had stayed previously and been disturbed by a noisy fire door. I asked to change our room, which was agreed. However, the heating/air conditioning controller had broken down in this room, which was distinctly cold - not surprising since it was below zero outside. I returned again to the reception desk seeking help and was told by one of the desk clerks that he would be up 'in a few minutes'. We waited for at least 5 minutes in a very cold room, but he never arrived. So we returned to the desk for a fourth time to ask for yet another room. We were less than happy with the 'service' and became really annoyed when none of the staff (there were now five of them!) in the otherwise deserted reception area seemed remotely interested in our plight, let alone apologetic. I confess I slammed my hand down on the counter and asked what I needed to do to get any service from them. Eventually one of the clerks found a new room for us where the heating worked, though one of her (male) colleagues who had been around during each of my previous visits seemed to think my attitude amounted to abuse.
So, we feel very let down by our latest visit to Holiday Inn Express, Cardiff Airport and will be very reluctant to stay there in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just two minutes from Cardiff International Airport and 10 miles from the Cardiff City Centre, our clean modern hotel is all you need for your business or leisure needs. We offer an inclusive continental breakfast with three hot items as well as a free shuttle service to Cardiff Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport Hotel Rhoose
- Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Airport Rhoose, Wales