Casa de Ascension
Agoda.com
US$153
US$293
US$285
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We were so impressed and have never experienced such genuine and superior service. The cleanliness was unsurpassed, and the atmosphere was perfect for us.

Michael is an incredible host who did absolutely everything that he could to accommodate our needs and wishes. It felt as if we were guests in his home rather than customers at a hotel.

The entire facility is crisp and clean with an up-to-date yet authentic Caribbean feel. The roof-top restaurant has a palapa roof, and beside the restaurant is an open-air viewing deck overlooking the town, the surrounding vegetation and a portion of the ocean. It's perfect for storm or star watching, as well for catching the breeze on hot days (or soaking up the sun rays). Michael also served the fantastic meals (rivaling everywhere we've eaten during our estimated twelve travels to Mexico), and for incredibly reasonable prices.

It is a very short block or two to the beach. The beds were comfortable. The tile on the floors and in the bathroom (floors and walls) sparkled. There is a community "living room" with satellite TV, free internet, games and books (book exchange also available). Electricity, AC, hot showers, free internet, phone service, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other perks.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PotatoPeels
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have been to Punta Allen several times and i would like to highly recommend Hotel casa de Ascension as a great place to stay. Only 4 minutes walk to the beach this place is very clean and comfortable. The rooms have very comfortable beds and pillows, crisp clean sheets and fresh smelling soft towels, hot water 24hrs, A/C, ceiling fan and clean bright bathrooms. The owner Michael is very welcoming and will go out his way to meet your needs. There is a restaurant at the hotel and a palapa covered roof top area to eat and chill out. I can not fault this place. Easy to find as you arrive in to Punta Allen, just follow the signs to the hotel. They only have four rooms here so may be a booking is recommended in high season. (winter months).

Room Tip: Some have bigger windows than others.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mexistu
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We wanted to travel to Punta Allen for the fly fishing and found Casa De Ascension at the end of a long but entertaining drive down the extremely bumpy road to Punta Allen. We made the journey in a standard car but a jeep probably is advisable if there has been rain. When we arrived we were greeted by Michael the owner and his side kick Antonio and offered one of the large and colourful rooms he had available. Michael is American so it was nice to chat to someone about the trips available in English as Punta Allen is a small town with little spoken English amongst the locals. Immediately he arranged a fly fishing trip for us the very next day and within the hour had prepared us to order some delicious food and beers up on the balcony. The hotel is a local meeting place due to the quality of the food and the vibe and atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. The beach is a 2 minute stroll and is peaceful and beautiful. Michael's fishing guides were knowledgeable and the trip was well worth the money. Overall I woud highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zedstravels
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Just finished my second trip of the year at Casa de Ascension and it was amazing as usual. Spent 5 days fly fishing with three great guides and it is safe to say it was the best fishing trip of my life. Caught 6 permit in all--two over 20lbs--and lost another due to a bent hook. I also caught several bonesfish and hooked about a dozen tarpon but they bucked my fly every time. The owner, Michael, and the his assistant, Antonio, were fabulous and attentive hosts as usual. They food was made to order and was delicious. Plus, Michael always has great coffee ready as soon as I wake up. Come here to relax and fish with Punta Allen's best fly fishing guides at a great value.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank NateGo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I arrived at Casa unannounced and it was booked with a group of fisherman. However I
did spend time with my buddy Mike(the owner) and was fortunate enough to have a great meal there. If you find yourself in PA , Casa should be on your list. BTW He has internet and the
rooms are spotless although I did not stay there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo