If you are looking for a place to stay and experience Dominica, then look no further. Lise is very knowledgeable about the island and is willing to arrange any island excursion you can imagine. Her hotel rooms offer stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and a deck to watch the sun rise and set every day. Attached is also a restaurant and a bar. Every morning a complimentary breakfast is made upstairs in the dining area for hotel guests. They have fresh fruit and cook your eggs made to order. I highly recommend staying on a Saturday night so you can experience the cook's Sunday breakfast specialty, Johnny Cakes. The Johnny Cakes were so good I asked for the recipe and now make them as a special treat at home. You can't experience Dominica better anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high upon the Picard hillside is the Award Winning Hotel The Champs. While you stay in your perfectly sited 3-star room with sea view and balcony, our smiling staff will provide you with 5-star personal service. This remarkable place overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea, the colonial town of Portsmouth and the gorgeous green hills of the Cabrits National Park. The beach is just 5 minutes down the hill. Its hospitable treatment to clients brings guests from far and wide to its welcoming doors. Combined with this mini paradise is its highly popular restaurant and cocktail bar, lush flower garden, relaxing leisure and jacuzzi area, parking lot and local shuttle service. A perfect place for adventure vacations, couple escapes, visitors to Ross University, business trips and a gem for weddings and honeymooners. Begin each day with our delightful breakfast-to-order; spend each day experiencing another island activity; end each day sipping on a cocktail gazing at the magnificent sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and LateRooms so you can book your The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfortel De Champ Hotel Portsmouth
- The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Dominica/Portsmouth