We stayed 5 nights at The Champs during our December tour of the Leeward Islands of the Lesser Antilles. This was our favorite lodging by far. Lise and Hans (the owners) made our stay like staying with close friends. I cannot say enough about how great our stay was.
Our arrival date changed at the last minute, because LIAT could not land due to wind. However, Lise was very accommodating with the changes to our schedule. It could have been an uncomfortable arrival on Christmas Eve when the bar and restaurant were shut. However, One of the drivers, Don, not only picked us up from the ferry but also made certain that we had everything that we needed. He gave us a ride to the supermarket for some snacks, suggested restaurants that were open, and even found someone (Chen) who would rent us his car on Christmas.
All of the staff is friendly. On one of the days of our stay, Jackie gave us a wonderful tour of the island. He is easy going and a pleasure to talk to. It was nice to have someone else to drive for a day, and we felt like we saw much without rushing. One of the evenings, we had one of Chef Eric's fabulous meals; his food is definitely worth trying.
Lise helped us plan our day-trips with several great suggestions, and asked us how our day went when we returned.
If you want to stay at a place that is like a home away from home, we highly recommend The Champs.
Celeste and Brian
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched high upon the Picard hillside is the Award Winning Hotel The Champs. While you stay in your perfectly sited 3-star room with sea view and balcony, our smiling staff will provide you with 5-star personal service. This remarkable place overlooks the calm Caribbean Sea, the colonial town of Portsmouth and the gorgeous green hills of the Cabrits National Park. The beach is just 5 minutes down the hill. Its hospitable treatment to clients brings guests from far and wide to its welcoming doors. Combined with this mini paradise is its highly popular restaurant and cocktail bar, lush flower garden, relaxing leisure and jacuzzi area, parking lot and local shuttle service. A perfect place for adventure vacations, couple escapes, visitors to Ross University, business trips and a gem for weddings and honeymooners. Begin each day with our delightful breakfast-to-order; spend each day experiencing another island activity; end each day sipping on a cocktail gazing at the magnificent sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfortel De Champ Hotel Portsmouth
- The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar Dominica/Portsmouth