“Beautiful place to stay”
Review of Comfort Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portsmouth
Comfort Cottages
Ranked #1 of 9 Portsmouth B&B and Inns
Hastings, Barbados
“Beautiful place to stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Comfort Cottages a very relaxing place to stay. It feels like you are staying in a secluded spot all by yourself. staff was very respectful in maintaining that privacy for you Vaugh made excellent food for us and was attentive to our every need. The gardens are well maintained, the view is awesome, the cabins are well furnished, dipping pool is cleaned properly- - we enjoyed it immensely

Room Tip: the green cottage is the one by itself and so is more private
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hape C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
St. Lucia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a great location, for any visitor who wants total privacy. Wonderful and friendly staff. Hassle free, spacious, clean and a view of the Atlantic Ocean to die for. Great security system. I will recommend this place to all my family and friends. Thank you Vaughn

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NadiaLorde
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were visiting Comfort Cottages early this year on our trip to Guadeloupe.
Vaughn was really helpful guy, gave us his cell phone in case of any problems (not just number, but whole phone).
The Cottage was really nice, spacious and clean. The only ¨problem¨ was the pool. We would run the filtration for longer time.
But the garden around is great and he is good chef too.
If someone is interested in Dominica this is a good place to be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We have just spent a wonderful week at Comfort Cottages. I have to agree with the other comments listed here: Vaughn is a wonderful host and extremely helpful. At one point our car broke down and he had someone come and collect us within about 20 minutes. He then replaced the car with a better model at no extra charge. What a gentleman!

The cottages and the grounds are all beautiful and maintained in very good condition. We felt comfortable, peaceful and safe. Also, the location up in the hills behind Portsmouth means that you stay nice and cool when you come home in the evening while everyone down by the sea gets no relief from the heat.

We hope to return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Albertson, New York
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just returned from a week in Dominica, where we stayed at Comfort Cottages. I have always liked the Caribbean and have done my share of islands over the years. I consider myself a pretty picky person and have come to expect some compromises when staying in the Caribbean. I can honestly say I couldn’t find anything to complain about at Comfort Cottages!

The vibrant colored cottages were modern and clean. The kitchen was fully equipped and the free Wi-Fi was a nice bonus. The layout was great with a spacious shower and king size bed. The high ceilings and plenty of windows made the place bright and breezy. French doors open up to a beautiful and functional tiled patio. Each cottage has its own personal plunge pool built into the patio….an awesome touch! We spent a great deal of time on the patio for breakfast, sunning, and relaxing while enjoying the fantastic views and the sound of the surf. The grounds are immaculately kept and lush with tropical flowers and fruit trees. Parrots flew overhead and hummingbirds filled the trees, it is really an idyllic place. There is a small beach a short walk down the hill from the cottages and we usually stopped their daily.

Vaughn, the owner, picked us up at the airport. He had cars for rent and would have had one waiting at the airport for us but we chose not to drive. For a reasonable fee he took us where we needed to go as well as an island tour. Upon request he will also cook dinner for you. After the first night of his cooking we were hooked, he’s an excellent chef, and had him cook dinner most of the week. Vaughn was one of the nicest guys you’ll meet. He makes you feel at home the minute you arrive. He’s polite, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to be around. He always made himself available but never intruded. Vaughn designed and built the place from scratch. His vision and attention to detail is reflected in every aspect.

Bottom line: Vaughn takes great pride in Comfort Cottages and knows how to make his guests feel special….We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

*(In retrospect I would change two things about our trip – I’d bring binoculars, and I would book a longer stay!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NYNickster
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from an 8 day stay at Comfort Cottages. Right from my first communication with Vaughn, the owner, I knew we were in for great service and I was certainly not disappointed!! The cottages are all beautifully situated on a hillside where you overlook the ocean as well as the valleys below and the mountain peaks above. A great location for the sunrises as well as sunsets! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and maintained to a tee and the different flowers are beautiful!

The cottages are extremely clean and very well maintained, with breakfast foods being replenished in the fridge every couple of days.......not to mention the choice of fresh fruits straight from the trees in the yard!

In my 20+ years of travels, I have never met someone so kind, professional and dedicated to making our trip the most special as Vaughn, the owner has done!!! After having done a tour of the island and seeing other accomodations, I definitely do not regret booking at Comfort Cottages.

Vaughn is also a fantastic chef and takes a real pleasure in cooking your meals when requested in the morning.

I would definitely recommend Comfort Cottages to everyone planning a trip to Dominica, it is bar none the best I have ever stayed in!!!

Thank you Vaughn, for making our trip one to remember!!

Room Tip: All the cottages are beautiful locations!!
Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sunshine13NovaScotia
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 May 2013

After a couple of days in Roseau, my girlfriend and I moved in the North of the Island and we spent 3 nights in Comfort Cottages. It was awesome.
We had a very beautiful house, very clean brand new, with all modern comfort. A beautiful bathroom, a king size bed, a little pool and a splendid view to the sea. You have anything you need for breakfast in the kitchen, so you can have it when you want and you're very independant.
The owner, Vaugh is very nice and he prepared each evening delicious local dishes. He is also the owner of a car rental company, and, although we decided not to rent a car, when we changed our mind, he brought us a car from Roseau to the cottages with no extra fees.
The cottages are located in a very nice place, very quiet. The price is not very expansive, compare to what you can get in the different hotels in Dominica (often very expansive, for a quality not so good) and the service was much better.
We spent there 3 awesome nights. I definitly recommand Comfort Cottages if you want to go to Dominica

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Francois_L_de_Paris
ComfortCottages, Owner at Comfort Cottages, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for recommending us as a great destination. It was a pleasure to serve you and your girlfriend. We want to go above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome and enjoy our island. We would love to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portsmouth
Secret Bay
#1 of 2 in Castle Bruce
Manicou River
Manicou River
#3 of 4 in Portsmouth

Been to Comfort Cottages? Share your experiences!