“The Pete and Kenny Show”

Cabrits Dive Centre
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Cabrits Dive Centre is Dominica's only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre of Dominica. We specialize in individual and small group diving principally to the stay over tourist and yachting community. We will also be happy to help you with arranging accommodation, island tours, and restaurant reservations.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned from a great trip to Dominica. Diving was fantastic with pristine condition of the reefs. I have dove Little Caymens, Grand Turk , in the past two years and this was right up there with both locations. I dove with my daughter and family friends, we had 6 divers in our group and 2 snorkelers. Pete and Kenny where the Best! Kenny makes some great tea and Pete was very comfortable to be with in the water and above. We all really liked these guys and will be back next year! Pump it up Pete "Make um Bronze and Strong", Kenny make sure Pete's stories are within reason! Great time.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My brother and I are the only divers in the family so we went just the two of us. We dove with Pete and had a great time. It was just the three of us on the bottom so needless to say, we had freedom in what we wanted to go and where we wanted to go. Pete was very attentive and made the experience one to remember. We spent our bottom time doing some lionfish hunting, exploring caves, and swimming alongside walls of beautiful coral. Our surface interval was spent discussing the next dive and eating snacks provided. I would highly recommend Cabrits for your Dominica dive trip. Thank you Pete and Kenny!

1  Thank Rosemary E
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Accommodated a group of snorkelers, experienced diver and beginning diver all at the same time. Enjoyed their choice of dive sights and their safe but adventurous approach. Highly recommended. Especially want to thank Pete, Davina and Captain Kenny.

Keith

Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I just came back from almost 3 weeks on the beautiful island of Dominica...the last week diving with Cabrits in the North. Most days we had the boat to ourselves and everyday we had the sea to ourselves. We dove with Pete, the owner, who made every day an adventure and Kenny, who captained and advised and helped make each day a great day of diving. The reefs are vibrant, colorful and unspoiled. Beautiful forests of plumes, giant boulders covered with a variety of coral growth. A decent number of fish. Several jackpot days, including one at Pole to Pole where we saw sea horses, octopus, the most extraordinary prehistoric looking snake eel and a beaded cucumber. We have never seen so many spotted eels (also saw a banded eel in the open) sooooooo many giant arrow crabs...and little critters. My husband and Pete had great fun and great success with their lionfish safari hunts and a very exciting night dive. The seas were so calm, the diving so relaxed, the underwater and topside so beautiful and Pete was so much fun we could hardly bear leaving. We will definitely come back and dive again with Cabrits.

1  Thank laseratlanta
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Just returned from a vacation in Dominica, WI. Went out diving on two separate days with Cabrits Dive Center. Dominica is a jewel of an island and I hesitate to post a review on anything there because I selfishly want to keep it quiet. But . . . the four dives I had with Cabrits were some of the best I've ever experienced (been around the Caribbean a lot and have a Divemaster card). Peter, the owner, went out on all dives, and Kenny Aubri, divemaster, lead all dives. Excellent dive management, for both experienced and inexperienced divers, can be expected. Kenny is great, calm and professional (he really helped my wife, who was just restarting her diving). He knows the sites cold and has that uncanny ability to find difficult-to-locate animals (in my case an octopus I never would have seen and two yellow morays that were new to me). The reefs are in very good condition and the visibility was just spectacular. Pole to Pole is must see, inverts and schools of many species of fish, all around the pilings of a cruise ship dock. Best site: Toucari Caves, with a swim through cave and arches to go through, all amid healthy coral heads and really amazing sponges. The real bonus was a six foot stingray sitting at the base of the mooring line - biggest one I ever saw. Peter and Kenny are top notch. One caution: you might go out in a relatively small dive boat so be prepared for a backflip entry. All in all, a great set of dives with a great dive center.

2  Thank wrickb19