“I still dream of the pumpkin sauce”
Review of Iguana Cafe

Iguana Cafe
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I lived in Dominica for over a year and even though I have returned to the US, I still dream of the pumpkin sauce over the fresh caught tuna. The couple that owns the place are super friendly. I still have some souvenirs I bought from their adjacent shop. It may look intimidating from the outside, but it is a one in a lifetime experience to have fish caught that day served in such an amazing and tasty way. Fresh fruit smoothies, homemade sauces and sides. I miss it!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

After snorkeling in the afternoon we drove over here for dinner. You must call ahead if you want to eat there. It's small which could make it easy to miss. The food is very good. There's a lot to choose from, much of which is seafood. Some vegan dishes are offered too.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Truly the nicest people you could ever image serving you dinner like you were at their home. Don't pass on the lobster or fresh water prawns. The best eperience of the whole dinner was the ride home in Cartouche's van. He could use a little better mechanic but his van somehow made it up the hill in Picard and got us back to our motel. Note: Call for reservations because it's a small place and they only have two tables available. They don't do it big but they do it well.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We walked past this Local restaurant on a hike and the owner came out to talk to us, he was a funny dude, but he told us we had to come to his place to eat. It looks like a Tin Hut on the waterfront, so we thought no chance, but were we surprised when we started to ask around for a good place to eat, almost everyone we spoke to said the Iguana, SO we called and made a reservation as he doesn't open without. We met another couple who were daring to try it so we all went together.

They have a limited menu, limited to what they catch or buy that's caught that day. They also do home made soup and salads.

I had Crayfish and they were mouth delicious, two ouf our group had the seafood pasta, it came with three different types of seafood, your choice from what they have available.

The whole meal was perfect, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being cooked for just our group.

I wouldn't want them to change anything.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

If only Tin Lizzy's could create this... but then it wouldn't be the same at all.
Fab food, cold Kubuli beer... Just take her advice as to what to order and you will never go wrong!
Sunset!!!