“Pizza is good, service is casual”
Review of Broderna M

Broderna M
Ranked #21 of 71 Restaurants in Ystad
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Swedish
Toronto, Canada
“Pizza is good, service is casual”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Driving through Ystad and ready to eat dinner, I checked our Lonely Planet guide and found this place listed. We ate outdoors and were greeted immediately. The menu is basic: starters, pasta/salad, fish/salad, meat/salad, pizza, dessert.

I have learned the following in Sweden: pizza is always served with vinaigrette-based cole slaw, pizzas are often not pre-sliced, and for Swedes pizza is a knife & fork dish. Fascinating!

I chuckled when I saw this on the menu: Tutti Frutti pizza ham, banana, pineapple, curry!

They took almost 30 minutes to arrive from the kitchen, but our pizzas were quite good with excellent crust. Service was very casual... Our server was very friendly but I had to ask for everything. For example, upon being asked "is that everything" and saying "yes, we are done" I had to ask for the bill after a long interval.

Avoid the toilet. There is only one, it is severely under-lit, and is a bit frightening.

• Visited July 2014

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Adaptable”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had eaten at Bröderna M in Ystad, Sweden, while on holiday there. The pizzas and pasta are superb, delicious, fresh and made with imagination. Naturally, we wanted to go back!
As it turned out, with all the sightseeing we were doing, we didn't get back to Bröderna M until one evening when neither of us were particularly hungry. "Could I get just ......?" Yes, of course that could be arranged although it's not on the menu. We felt as though we were back in Italy, at a family restaurant where whatever you'd like is no problem, and they will help you out.
The service was incredible, and our waiter was obviously popular with the other diners, for his friendly manner and service-mindedness.
Kudos to Bröderna M and its staff! We are already longing to go back for another tasty meal!

• Visited June 2013