“Welcoming”
Review of Bath House Hotel

Bath House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Chard
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here just one night in January 2014.
When arriving by car I managed to negotiate around the block to get to the car park behind the premises - and there was room to park. But then I had slight problems deciding which door I was supposed to use to get in! Eventually the owner responded - but this aspect could be improved I'm sure. Once in, the welcome was lovely.
Room - small and overlooking the back of a supermarket - but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom spotlessly clean. Desk space was limited (I needed to do some work) and the lighting could be improved.
Food in the restaurant in the evening was very good, as was the breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yblodyntatws

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Had a great time relaxing at the bath house hotel. The Hollywood suite we stayed in was nicely decorated spotlessly clean and very well laid out. The hotel benefits from off road parking and a side entrance to access your room without having to walk through the restaurant. Which leads me on to the food! Unfortunately whilst I stayed here I was very ill with flu and did not feel up to going down to the restaurant to eat so requested if I could have dinner in my room which was brought up even though they do not normally offer room service! The meal i received I have to say was beyond delicious real authentic recipes and beautifully presented. The lovely hosts of this hotel really will go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and that nothing is to much trouble!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently stayed for first time (definitely will not be the last though) and hadn't read any reviews so didn't know what to expect.
The room was excellent; spotlessly clean, extremely comfortable with all the essentials. Guest areas were also very relaxing and clean and the location of the hotel is perfect; right in the center of Chard but away from the main road and any noise.
Food was simply divine. I felt I couldn't miss the chance for some authentic Malaysian cuisine and it really did not disappoint. The restaurant and bar area atmosphere was very relaxing, a great selection of beverages & wine list and as I said previously, the food was just faultless!
Ron & Karine are just the perfect hosts, very attentive, chatty and polite.
I later read that the hotel won a Trip Advisor award in 2012 and I am not surprised, this really was the most pleasant stay I have had in a very long time and I do a fair amount of travelling around the UK on business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have stayed in a number of places in Chard on business and this is by far the best.
The rooms are well decorated in a modern style, the WIFI is high speed and reliable but the thing that sets this place apart is definitely the food an service. I had breakfast and dinner at the Bath House and I have to save both were exceptional.
My greeting was very friendly and there is nothing that the owners will not do to make sure you are comfortable whilst making sure you feel like an individual. I have traveled the world on business in all sorts of hotels, from 5 star hotels made mainly from gold to shacks in well quite frankly Warwick of all places, and sometime you come across a little Gem of a place to stay, and this is one of those times. It is like a boutique BnB in the middle of somerset.

Room Tip: I stayed in a large room so was a little more than I would usually pay for a business trip, but for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed for 4 nights, staff & management were really welcoming and attentive.
Breakfast was prepared and presented with the same professionalism as the evening menu.
The beef curry was gorgeous and the moules were gorgeous.
The room was very well decorated too....:-)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We loved everything about the Bath House. From the attentive service, the delicious food to the warm romantic atmosphere. Both of our meals were perfectly cooked and you can tell from the flavour that all the ingredients are fresh We will definitely be back!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and three work colleagues stayed here for one evening and it was excellent in every way the rooms was immaculate they've just had a 100k refurb and you can tell the food was brilliant and the staff carnt do enough for you really really not one to miss

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chard
The Lordleaze Hotel
Summer Lodge
Summer Lodge
#1 of 2 in Evershot
Best Western Shrubbery Hotel

Been to Bath House Hotel? Share your experiences!