“Very attentive staff, a cosy Italian”
Review of La Violeta

La Violeta
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Chard
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The welcome at La Violeta was warm and so was the restaurant on a cold Monday evening.
We ordered a beautiful bottle of Chianti Classico, the rustic bread and olives, a carbonara and a prawn linguini, espresso with ice cream and a pana cotta, all very competently cooked and flavoursome.
All for just over £30 per head excluding service. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ivor H

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

After reading good reviews we visited la violeta. Menu was nice and the waiter was very polite and professional. After we ordered a tomato pasta and pollo dolcelatte a young lady went out back, and the sound of a microwave, 5-10 mins later our food arrived. The chicken, and new potatoes were very obviously microwaved and was dry and baked at the bottom. It was sadly inedible and i sent it back to kitchen and refused to pay for it for the first time in my life and we eat out alot! My partners pasta wasn't i edible but i have made far better myself. It was quite bland and reheated. Save yourself the money and disappointment!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Visited this local restaurant on a Sunday evening (Yes they are open on a Sunday) with a few friends. We wanted to try this fairly new restaurant as we had heard good things about it.
We were not disappointed. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our table (pre-booked). The food is fairly up-market Italian, although pizzas are available, the best menu choices, in my opinion, come from the more adventurous items. I started with the Mozzarella/tomato option and followed up with the pork in tarragon sauce. My friends had the bread and olives as a starter - which looked delicious, and assorted mains.
All the food was excellent and well presented. I had eaten enough by the time it came to look at desserts, but
two of my friends went for the desserts - cheesecake, and they were seriously large portions !
All in all, a delightful meal and well worth the visit.
This is a relatively small restaurant (although they may have additional seating upstairs) so it might be advisable to book. They also do a Mon-Fri lunchtime special which we will definitely be back to sample.
If I had to add a small criticism, it would be that there were no veal dishes on the menu - unusual for an authentic Italian restaurant. The decor was a little bland as well.
Anyway, I would definitely recommend it for a great meal out. Don't expect Dominos Pizza prices though !!

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had probably the best meal ever at La Violeta tonight.I had the olives and bread to start and my husband had the breaded mushrooms and both were delicious! My spaghetti carbonara was the best I've ever had! The staff were friendly,helpful and attentive.We will definitely be visiting again in the new year and highly recommended others do too,you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Tamsin T
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Just love this restaurant! We booked a table for Christmas . And I was amazing. The service is very good and friendly. All the dishes we had were tasty, big portions and good value. I would highly recommend.