“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
Review of The Gallery

The Gallery
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Chard
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A contemporary, light and spacious Cafe and Art Gallery. The Gallery is the ideal place to meet for coffee, a drink at the bar or to enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch while you admire the latest local art exhibition. Please go to our website for more details about our establishment.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was the second time that my wife and I have dined at The Gallery. The food was superb again, mine host charming and welcoming as usual, and the meal would have been excellent value if we hadn't bought a wonderful piece of art. Again!

• Visited April 2014
Simon C, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello Richard M & Wife, It was lovely to see you both again, I actually thought initially that you were house hunting in the area,as many do. I was glad to see we kept up our usual standards (High), as for the art (again) I think your wife had earned it!? Yours Gratefully Simon & Tracey

Chard, United Kingdom
“The Best Place for Excellent Food in Central Chard!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We cannot speak highly enough of The Gallery. Excellent quality fresh foods. Lovely ice creams and puddings. Fine wines and great coffee. Very welcoming, hospitable hosts. Just imbibed in a most splendid Easter Sunday lunch (roast sirloin of beef etc). Compliments to the chef!

The Misses C & Y Chubb.

• Visited April 2014
Simon C, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello Misses C and Y Chubb. My wife and I can not thank you enough for such a wonderful review of our establishment. It is always a pleasure to serve you both when you frequent our little place, looking forward to your next visit.Yours gratefully Simon & Tracey
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Would Highly Recommend...”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my second visit to the Gallery. Food was cook to a very high standered as was it the last time I visited. I really do like the different art around the restaurant.

Service was brilliant and the staff were more than happy to help and were very friendly. I didn't feel rushed one bit or at the same time feel as if I was hanging around for our food. The lamb was just beautifully cooked.

Only one small thing though we paid with cash and was aked if we wanted the change back which took me by surprise as I think a £18.50 tip is quite a lot for a table of two to give.

I don't want to leave this review on a bad note though as this lovely restaurant really doesn't deserve that and I will most definitely be visiting again.

Kerry

• Visited March 2014
Simon C, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hello Kerry L, Thank you very much for your very nice review, my apologies for the misunderstanding in reference to the change conversation. I hope all goes well with your wedding plans. It would be nice to see you both again soon. Thanks again Simon
“CBF Networking”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

We hold our monthly networking events at The Gallery. Well recommended venue and hosts. Ideal for a business meeting venue as well as an excellent place to dine.

Simon C, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hello Ian W, thank you very much for another very nice review, we hope to see you again very soon. Cheers Simon
“A suprise”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The welcome was warm and the food just that bit different, tasty and well presented. There always seems to be an exibition of art in some form or another which adds to the atmisphere. and it is small enough to seem as if you were a guest rather than just a customer

Visited May 2013
Simon C, Owner at The Gallery, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Hello Karl A, Thank you for your very nice review, we change the art every month or two months, April and May we have 4 different artists exhibiting with different subject matter ranging from Textiles, Photographs, Jewellery and Glassware. Come and have a look. Thanks again for your review.