All reviews old mill water wheel large pond peacocks roaming sunday lunch water mill lyme regis pudding comfortable rooms good nights sleep wedding workings waterwheel somerset honeymoon
Reviewed 15 September 2018

We stayed at many hotels and inns when we traveled around southern England for a few weeks, but nowhere quite like Hornsbury Mill. This historical building had been carefully renovated into its present day form, and its original features (like the water mill) were left intact and functioning(!), and could be viewed at numerous places, both indoors and outdoors. The personell were lovely as can be, and the garden large and peaceful. Everything was clean, beds comfortable, and the breakfast provided plenty of options, including absolutely delicious pancakes. Also the dinner was delightful (even for a vegetarian like me), and for dessert, there was a cheesecake like nothing I ever have had before. I would recommend everyone to stay here, and I would certainly stay here again myself if ever in the area. Thinking about it, I might come back just because of Hornsbury Mill and its cheesecake.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma A
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Stayed for 3 days and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a suite, beautiful comfy bed and spotlessly clean, all your usual extras, tea coffee, shampoo, shower gel etc.

All of the staff were so lovely and attentive, friendly and welcoming.

We ate at the restaurant each nite and the food was really tasty, all home cooked and fresh with great varied menu, and very generous portions, especially the pies, this was a bonus as no where around the hotel or in chard looked appealing to eat, also the breakfast was fab offering practically everything you could want.

The hotel is set at an old mill and the grounds were stunning and peaceful with ducks geese and peacocks, very relaxing Sat by the pond.

Highly recommend this hotel if staying in this neck of the woods, close to lyme regis and the Jurassic coast which is gorgeous.

Thank you to everyone who made our break so special.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stives01
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Delightful location, delicious food, comfortable spacious room .
I stayed with my little Grandson and even he was impressed especially with his pancakes for Breakfast.
Will stay again hopefully for a longer stay .

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sian H
Reviewed 16 June 2018

The owners and staff of this hotel will do absolutely anything to make you feel welcome and looked after. The rooms are all different and have been furnished to match the "quaint" style of the building. All of the bathrooms have been modernized and the bar and kitchen are always top notch. While I stay at the property for business, and dont take advantage of the beautiful surroundings (complete with pond, ducks and peacocks), it is an absolutely lovely venue for weddings or other group functions. Just a heads up that the cell coverage is pretty weak, although the newly refurbed WiFi works just fine. All in all a very nice place to stay and a fair price with great people!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HMManager2013, Owner at Hornsbury Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you Mark. It has been a pleasure and delight looking after you.
Please come back and bring your lovely wife.
Jane

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I expected our stay here for our nieces wedding to have been wonderful, but sadly I was dissapointed. Our room was very mediocre and had a skylight so we couldn’t enjoy looking at the beautiful surroundings. The bed was very uncomfortable, which meant we didn’t get a very good nights sleep. It was clean and well looked after though and the location was stunning.

We found the food mediocre and not the best quality and for a wedding not the most imaginative.

I have stayed in places half the price that have been so much more superior in every way to this one, for £120 we expected a little more.

Room tip: If you stay do ask for a room with a view.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple