The price you pay is key here.We did not feel it represented value for money at the "discounted" £720(signature room) for 3 nights.Our first visit to a "Warners" these are our (retired hoteliers)observations.The location, gardens and grounds are amazing but hope you like exercise as most of the rooms are not near the main facilities.The food is plentifull as mainly self service but the quality is definately not 4*.Get there early if you want the FULL selection.The service varied from take it or leave it in the main restaurant to excellent in the old house.We were informed the window seats were reserved for guests in the expensive historic rooms.Fennochi's italian restaurant (extra)was disapointing (cheap frying steak) The usual bread olives on your table were extra.We did'nt see any italian staff. Bring your own dressing gowns unless you are happy to pay extra.Daytime entertainment was limited unless you are happy to pay extra.Newspapers and bottled water (except initial ones in fridge)extra.On theme nights you will pay extra if you want to sit anywhere near the front.
The weather was fabulous so we enjoyed several walks but the wildlife park was nowhere to be found,and the train not working.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset