We enjoyed a weekend break at Cricket St Thomas arriving Saturday 15 March, leaving Monday 17 March, and cannot believe we had the same evening as the 2 previous reviews. We didn't know the Searchers were going to be performing that weekend so that was a bonus.
We went for our meal about 6.45 on Saturday evening and we had a wonderful meal, in fact we had so much food we ended up sharing one desert between us as we were so full.
It was a wonderful weekend break, the food was excellent the whole time we were there, as were the staff. We enjoyed it so much we booked another break there for later in the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset