We have been to many Warner hotels but this was the most disappointing of them and certainly wouldn't return. Very limited seating area at the bar for the number of guests, rooms were not regularly cleaned and the walk from our room to the restaurant was far too long for the many guests with limited mobility. Staff were not that helpful or friendly and it did not live up to the experience you expect from a Warners hotel.
We paid for and expected a room with a 4 poster bed and seating area, in fact we had a very mediocre room with two chairs. When we complained to staff, it was a "tough" response. Some do, some don't. So disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 239 bedroom AA4 star Country House Hotel, Set in stunning Somerset countryside amongst 160 acres of beautiful lakes and gardens. Our adult only policy and 1/2 board packages with nightly entertainment and pool with leisure club make us ideal for a short break. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cricket St Thomas Hotel, Lakes And Gardens Hotel Chard
- Cricket St Thomas Historic Hotel
- Warner Cricket St. Thomas Hotel Chard, Somerset