“Most beautiful Private Island in the Caribbean”

Sting ray Adventure
Orlando, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Most beautiful Private Island in the Caribbean”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We enjoyed the stingray adventure but it was overpriced(surprise the cruise line rips you off) compared to what you get in the Cayman Islands from a private tour group. The island itself has the most beautiful beach I have ever seen with white soft sand and crystal clear blue water. I have been all over the Caribbean and nothing beats this beach! Great buffet from a Holland America ship and not as good on a Carnival ship.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ron82083

Sussex
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“F I V E S T A R S for the staff at the sting ray experience”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

If you don't swim it doesn't matter the water is about 1.2m deep as you enter you are also required to wear a life jacket. The area is fenced in the water so its just you and the stingrays. Snorkle equipment available free if your want it. Clear instruction is given and the information really interesting. A personal items are locked away whilst you are in the water and one of the assistants will take photos for you. The staff went out of their way to make your experience fantastic. We all got to feed to stingrays as well as feel a star fish and sea cucumber. The string rays feel like wet leather and were really friendly. Would recommend to anyone.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank The_1st_Lady
Drayton Valley, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This was great fun. Guides were very knowledgeable about the rays. Feeding them was fun but I was a bit nervous a first. There were lots of rays to see and other tropical fish. I just wish it had been warmer while we were there!

Visited January 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Great Fun - No need to be worried at all”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am not one for swimming or big fish really so it was a bit of a surprise when I decided that we would do this trip. It is very well organised. You are given a life vest and a snorkel and shown down to the stingray area. The water is not cold even though we went in December. The stingrays do come to flip around you once they see you but I didn't feel at all anxious.

The team that support you are friendly and knowledgable and if you want to feed the stingray you can - if not just stand to the side.

Highly recommended day out

Visited December 2013
Los Angeles, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Hanging with the Stingrays at Half Moon Cay”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I wrote a review and had to delete it cause I didn't REALIZE this was for the stingray adventure and NOT Half Moon Cay as a whole.

Half Moon Cay is a private Island owned by the Cruise company. And for now the only way there is via cruise ship. Let me tell you now...IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON TAKING A CRUSIE VACATION COME HERE!

I've been to few places in the Caribbean however, this is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. If you are into beaches you will be in love. The waves are so smooth and even while your are in the water you tend to see some fish swimming around.

The Stingray adventure is toward he back of the Island. The water in the lagoon area is NOT the same as the beach front however, it is still clear and you get to touch and interact with the stingrays as well as starfish, conch, and sea cucumbers. You even get to feed the stingrays.

The instructor is VERY knowledgeable and you learn a lot about the habitat and the stingrays.
It's an affordable excursion. This is something you only need to do once unless you have some super fascination with stingrays.

It took me a bit to get all the way in the water being that I'm not so water life animal friendly. Even I had a great time however.

Enjoy this excursion and the Island!

Visited October 2013