Seagull Hotel
White Orchid(Cox's Bazar)
US$38
US$35
Hotels.com
Hotel Prime Park(Cox's Bazar)
US$47
US$46
Albatross Resort(Cox's Bazar)
US$13
Orbitz.com
Long Beach Hotel(Cox's Bazar)
US$61
Hotwire.com
US$111
US$98
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsprivate beachswimming poolbig treessuite roomfamily houseplay groundkids zonestar hotelhill sidebeach hotelthe upper floorsper dayfood in the main restaurantbbq placebig hotelhotel servicenice pool
Reviewed 27 November 2012

It was a package trip so I had no choice! I was told that it’s 5 star Delux hotel.

Airport of Cox Bazar was very small. The AC of the pickup van of Seagull was not working! Anyway it hardly took 10 mins to reach the Hotel so it didn’t have much impact.

The exterior of the hotel was pretty ordinary. However the lawn was quite decent. The reception was on the first floor and the check-in was quite fast though I found front office managers ‘re not well trained.

I was given room on the 7th floor (Executive Floor). The room no 704. It was suit and pretty big. Though apart from the size of the room I didn’t find the interior of the room upto 5 star standards. In fact I could only rate it as 2 star. Flooring was very ordinary and without any carpet. Minibar without any alcohol. One of the lights inside the room was malfunctioning. Toiletries were very ordinary. TV inside was CTR. In house Telephone was of 1980’s model. The pillow was too thick for me and bed was ok type. Main bed room opened to a huge and nice balcony. However sea view from the balcony was obstructed by Mangrove Forest.
The sea beach from the main gate of the hotel was barely 100 ft. I tried to avail oil massage in the hotel. (Charge around 300 BDT i.e around 4 USD) However they had a peculiar system. The service used to start only from 3 pm onwards. They never registered my advance booking request yet always failed to provide me a slot when approached.

The complimentary breakfast was real shock to me. It was a total chaos. Almost 30+ tables full of very ordinary people and no place to sit and have breakfast! Moreover the place was very dirty and plates and spoons spreading all over the tables. No question of any cleaning. The options in the breakfast were Juice, Porridge, Beef Potato, Noodles, Paratha, Egg …some breads and cakes and also provision for Coffee and Tea!

During dinner and lunch I ordered Prawn and rice through room service. That was delicious. Specially Prawn Malakari. I just freaked out. However Fish And Chip was very disappointing considering the quality of fish. The alcohol was available in the bar. On a full moon night the balcony of the hotel could be very enticing.

There were many street side joints around the hotels to explore local fish in the evening. I tired and found it quite safe for Stomach.

The checkout was quite disappointing. As I went to the reception I was told that my flight would be late by 2 hours! I wondered why didn’t they inform that before!

After 2 days of stay I couldn’t rate this hotel more than 2 star.

Radisson is coming up adjacent to this hotel so hopefully next time I’ll get a better place to stay

Room Tip: Look for room on the 7th and 8th Floor. Specially corner rooms with Balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank singharay
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Excellent location, wonderful private entry to beach, impressive lone, garden, pool and lobby. Food is also good. Specially the complimentary breakfast is charming. BBQ and other items are costly but good. Cleanness and maintenance is fine. Only disappointing issue is room size. It is really small for its standard. The sea view room provides a wide look to the sea from the room-which is magnificent. If you look for special offer or off season discount you may enjoy your stay in this luxurious hotel at almost 50% cheap rate.Though winter is the peak season. But Monsoon is my preferred time to visit Cox's Bazar as the crowd is less and the sea is more beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KA_Kabir
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel, the lobby and public areas obviously aspire and to some extent achieve the goal of being a five star hotel. The bedrooms or at least the one I was in fall far short. Realistically I would put them at western 2* standard.

Having said that, this is not the west but a remote part of Bangladesh and I would not want to put anyone off staying at this fine hotel. The rates are opening to bargaining, especially if you can get a local to do the booking. It then becomes exceptional value.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Pawl
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I am stay 2 night 3 days my room no 712. When i am cheking I Sow my room Is dirty & 2nd day no body change my bedsits .Room service he don’t know how to come room inside so that means they are not professional. Over all everything is ok.Front office staff they are very friendly & nice .

Mohammed Kawsar
Banyan Tree Al Wadi Hotel & Resort
Ras Al Khaimah,UAE

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kawsar_12
Reviewed 13 October 2012

By UK standards probably a 3 star with lots of extra staff. Clean rooms, comfortable bed, people willing to help, always felt secure and okay food. Very close to the beach. As there for work didnt try the pool but it looked lovely.

There are some amazing looking new hotels but many further away from the sea - and I am sure much more expensive.

The sea view rooms do only offer you glimpses between the trees but still nice (may be a better view if you on a higher flloor - I was on 3)

Seagull room doorbells quirly but fun.

We used a conference room for meetings and it was fine.

I am sure that on photos it looks grander than it is - but still a good place to stay and good value.

Leave lots of time for checkout - no idea why the paper work took so long but was starting to think I might miss me plane!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business